CARE AND CLEANING
The Coffee Maker should be run through a complete Clean cycle using a full Water
Tank of the descaling solution.
If your Coffee Maker should fail to operate
as expected, please check the following:
1. If the display is not illuminated:
• Check to see whether the Coffee Maker
is plugged into a grounded 3 prong
outlet. If it is, check the fuse or circuit
breaker on the electrical circuit the
Coffee Maker is connected to and make
sure the circuit is closed.
2. If only a portion of the water added to the
Coffee Maker actually brews:
• The Coffee Maker requires immediate
12 | TROUBLESHOOTING
When the "Clean" indicator begins to flash on the
display, run a clean cycle: Press the CLEAN button.
The "Clean" indicator will stop flashing. Then press the
BREW button to begin the Clean cycle.
When the Clean cycle is complete (approximately
30 minutes), 3 beeps will sound, and the "Clean"
indicator will turn off.
Run at least 2 fresh, cool water-only cycles after the
Clean cycle is complete.
descaling. Please refer to the "Care and
3. If you hear 3 rapid tones:
• There is no water in the water tank. The
Coffee Maker will not brew. Fill the water
tank with fresh, cool water and continue
with the brewing cycle as described in
the "Filling the Coffee Maker with water
for brewing" section.
4. If "Er1" flashes on the display and you hear
• A button may be jammed. Unplug the
Coffee Maker and press each button
several times. Plug the Coffee Maker
into a grounded 3 prong outlet. If "Er1"
appears again on the display, repeat this
5. If coffee overflows the brew basket:
• The brew basket is not correctly in place.
Check if the brew basket is locked in
• Too much coffee was placed in to the
• Used both Gold tone filter and paper
6. If water exits from the back of the Coffee
• Too much water was poured into the
If the problem is not due to one of the
above items, see the "Arranging for Service"
chapter in the "Warranty and service" section.
NOTE: Do not return the Coffee Maker to the
retailer as they do not provide service.