! WARNING This manual is intended for qualified service personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock, fire or injury, do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operating instructions unless you are qualified to do so. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
Attention-when the product is installed in Rack: 1. Prevention against overloading of branch circuit When this product is installed in a rack and is supplied power from an outlet on the rack, please make sure that the rack does not overload the supply circuit.
Table of Contents Manual Structure Purpose of this manual ....................3 Related manuals ......................3 Contents ........................3 1. Installation 1-1. Operating Environment ................1-1 1-2. Power Supply ....................1-1 1-2-1. Power Specifications ..............1-1 1-2-2. Recommended Power Cord ............1-1 1-3.
Manual Structure Purpose of this manual This manual is the installation manual of Switcher Processor Pack MVS-8000A-C/ MVS8000AS-C and their optional boards and units. This manual is intended for use by trained system and service engineers, and describes the information on installing the MVS-8000A-C/MVS8000AS-C system.
Appliance Connector/Plug with earthing-contacts that Ventilation conforms to the safety regulations of each country if The inside of the MVS-8000A-C/MVS8000AS-C (MVS- applicable. 8000A series hereafter) is cooled by a fan (both sides). . Use the Power Cord (3-core mains lead)/Appliance...
1-4. Installing the Options 1-4-1. Installing the Plug-in Boards The MVS-8000A-C/MVS8000AS-C is shipped from the factory with the necessary option boards (refer to the Be sure to turn off the POWER switch before starting following table) already installed in accordance with the installation work.
Installation Procedure 4. While the eject levers are opened as shown in the 1. Turn off the main power of this unit (MVS-8000A or illustration, insert the plug-in board into the board MVS-8000ASF) and disconnect the AC power cord guide rail. from the wall outlet.
1-4-2. Installing the Connector Board 5. While closing the eject levers in the direction of arrow 1, push in the plug-in board. 1. Remove the two screws and remove the blank panel. Store the removed blank panel in a safe place. B3 x 5 Blank panel B3 x 5...
2. Insert the connector board horizontally level and secure it with the two fixing screws. Screws (with drop-safe) Connector board Screws (with drop-safe) (The illustration shows the MVS-8000A.) MVS-8000A option Name of option Name of board Slot on the rear side MKS-8160A CNO-25 board 14, 15...
Connecting the DME Special Cable 4. Connect the DME special cable to each connector. . Connecting Procedure of the DME Special Cable Retaining bracket Follow the procedure below to connect the DME special cable (supplied with the MVE-8000A/MVE-9000) to the CN-2135 board connector.
1-4-3. Installing the HK-PSU04 4. Push the portion of the HK-PSU04 marked by the arrow and insert the HK-PSU04 into deep end as far as The HK-PSU04 is used after it is installed in the MVS- it will go. 8000A or MVS-8000ASF. 5.
1-5. Rack Mounting 2. Rack Mounting Procedure The MVS-8000A/8000ASF is mounted in the 19-inch stan- This section describes the rack mounting procedure using dard rack. To mount the MVS-8000A/8000ASF in the rack, the RMM-10N rack mount kit. use the specified rack mount kit and follow the procedure 1.
3. Loosen the screws on the rear of the right and left 7. Align the groove of the rack tool at the side of the adapters and adjust the length of the adapter according equipment with the rail, and slide the equipment to the to the depth of the rack.
Use the following connectors, cables or equivalents when connecting cables to the unit. Model name Panel indication Connector name Matching connector and cable Name Sony part No. MKS-8160A OUTPUTS 25 to 48 BNC, 75 Z Belden 8281 coaxial MKS-8162A OUTPUTS 13 to 24...
1-7. Input/Output Signals of Connectors Pin No. Signal Name Function GPI OUT 6 General-purpose open collector The input/output signals of the connectors at the rear panel output (*4) GPI OUT 8 are as follows. GPI OUT COM Ground for open collector output TERMINAL : RS-232C (D-sub 9-pin, Female) Ground...
REMOTE 1 to 4 : RS-422A (D-sub 9-pin, Female) FM DEVICE : IEEE1394 (6-pin) <DEVICE> (*5) from External Devices _ EXT VIEW _ _ EXT VIEW _ Pin No. Signal name Function Pin No. Signal Name Function Cable power (No use) Frame ground Cable ground Transmitted data (_)
1-8. Checks on Completion of Installation 1-8-1. Description of On-board Switches and LEDs The number shown in the parentheses ( ) indicated the address on the circuit board. 1. CA-54A board A B C D E F G 1 S403 S500 SIO-26 S300...
<LED> D4 (A-1) : + + + + + 3.3 V D1001 (A-2) : COM1 100 status LED +3.3 V power supply status indication. COM CPU-1 Ethernet communication speed status Lit when the +3.3 V power is supplied. indication. Lit : 100 Mb/s D5 (A-2) : + + + + + 12 V Not lit : 10 Mb/s...
S104 (A-4) : Monitor reset switch for the main CPU D13 (A-1) : + + + + + 2.5 V Indicates the status of the +2.5 V power that is generated Pressing this switch resets the system while maintaining this unit through the main CPU control terminal connector. by the VCC (CORE) and supplied to the CPU-DR module.
D14 (A-6) : + + + + + 3.3 V <Switch on the CPU-DK module> : COM CPU-1 : COM CPU-2 Indicates the status of the VCC (I/O) power that is supplied to the CPU-DT module. SW1 (D-5) : RESET switch Lit while the specified power is turned on.
2. MIX-48A board (MVS-8000A/8000ASF, MKS-8210A) D410 D409 D308 D204 D208 D304 S401 S2702 D3704 D3702 D3705 D3703 D3701 MAIN CPU Module IF-937 * * * * * : The CPU-DR module or CPU-DT module is used in the Main CPU module. CPU-DR Module CPU-DT Module A side/Component side...
<LED> <Switch> D204, D208, D304 (A-3) : + + + + + 1.5 V-1 to 3 S401 (A-5) : MIX-CPU reset switch +1.5 V-1 to 3 power supply status indication. Pressing this switch initializes the CPU on the MIX-48A Lit when the +1.5 V-1 to 3 power are supplied. board.
<Switch> S2300 (A-9) : RESET switch Pressing this switch resets the DIF-141 board. S2301 (A-5) : MONITOR reset switch The reset switch that is used to reset the monitor in the maintenance from the TERMINAL. S2700 (A-7) : JTAG switch Used only for production in the assembly factory.
4. XPT-25 board (MVS-8000A/8000ASF) S9501 S9902 D9901 D9801 A side/Component side * * * * * : CPU-DK and the IF-937 board are not mounted on the XPT-25 board inserted into the SLOT9 of the MVS-8000A. <LED> D9901 (A-8) : RESET status LED D2 (A-9) : + + + + + 12 V +12 V power supply status indication.
<Switch> S9902 (A-8) : XPT-CPU reset switch Pressing this switch initializes the CPU on the circuit board. S9501 (A-7) : Monitor reset switch The reset switch that is used for maintenance through the terminal. <LED on the CPU-DK Module> Refer to <LED on the CPU-DK Module> in “1. CA-54A board”.
5. OUT-28 board (MKS-8160A) OUT-28A board (MVS-8000A/8000ASF) D507 D2700 D503 D303 SL2901 D307 IF-937 SL2900 S500 S5300 D3904 D3903 D3902 D3901 SL2902 D3900 MAIN CPU Module * * * * * 1 : The IF-937 board is mounted on the OUT-28A board. * * * * * 2 : The main CPU module is mounted on the OUT-28A board.
<LED> <Swtich> D303, D307 (A-3) : + + + + + 1.5 V-1, -2 S500 (A-5) : OUT-CPU reset switch +1.5 V power supply status indication. Pressing this switch initializes the CPU on the circuit Lit when the +1.5 V power is supplied. board.
6. CC-90 board (MKS-8420M) D107 D101 D102 D103 S2001 IF-937 S101 S400 MAIN CPU Module D803 D804 D805 D801 D802 * * * * * 1 : The IF-937 board is not mounted on the CC-90 board (suffix: -12). * * * * * 2 : The CPU-DR module or CPU-DT module is used in the Main CPU module. CPU-DR Module CPU-DT Module A side/Component side...
<LED> <Switch> D101 (A-3) : + + + + + 3.3 V S101 (A-8) : CC-CPU reset switch +3.3 V power supply status indication. Pressing this switch initializes the CPU on the CC-90 Lit when the +3.3 V power is supplied. board.
7. MY-112B board (MKS-8440A) IF-937 D410 D409 D304 IF-937 D308 MAIN CPU D204 Module D208 D3501 D3801 D3802 S401 S3601 D2603 D2604 D2605 D2601 D3602 * * * * * 1 : Remove the main CPU module and the IF-937 boards (two pieces) when using the MY-112B board inserted into the SLOT15 of the MVS-8000A.
<LED> <Switch> D204, D208 (A-3) : + + + + + 1.5 V-1, 2 S401 (A-5) : MY-CPU reset switch +1.5 V power supply status indication. Pressing this switch initializes the CPU on the MY-112B Lit when the +1.5 V power are supplied. board.
1-8-2. Checks on the Switch Setting the Number of Power Supply Units Before turning on the power of the MVS-8000A/8000ASF, confirm that the switch S403 on the CA-54A board is set in the following position (default setting). S403 (B-1)/CA-54A board : Switch setting the number of power supply units (DIP type) Sets the number of the power units required for the MVS-8000A/8000ASF.
1-9. System Connection Configure the MVS-8000A series system connections referring to the connection example as shown below. 1. Connection example of the MVS-8000A system (The same type of configuration is possible with a MVS-8000ASF system.) Audio mixer Device Control Unit Pack DCU-8000 Multi Format Switcher MVS-8000A Reference video...
2. Flow of Video Signals The figure below shows the flow of video signals in a MVS-8000A system. The flow of signals is the same in a MVS-8000ASF system Multi Format DME Processor MVE-8000A SWITCHER A SWITCHER B Reference video signal AC100 to 240 V Power Supply DME 1B...
Section 2 Service Overview 2-1. Troubleshooting The main power of the MVS-8000A cannot be The monitor picture is not displayed correctly. turned on. (Indicator does not light green.) A picture is not displayed on the monitor screen even The main power of the though the main power of MVS-8000A cannot be turned the MVS-8000A/MVS-...
Cleaning of the fan every month is recommended. (1) Remove the front panel. (Refer to Section 1-4-1.) Contact your local Sony Sales Office/Service Center for (2) Remove the dust accumulated on the filter with a information on cleaning the fan.
2-3. About the Data Backup Capacitor A large capacitor is installed on the CA-54A board in order to retain the data such as the resume data, snapshots, and effects in the MVS-8000A/8000ASF series machine. Leave the main power of the MVS-8000A/8000ASF series turned on for two hours or longer in order to charge this capacitor.
The material contained in this manual consists of information that is the property of Sony Corporation. Sony Corporation expressly prohibits the duplication of any portion of this manual or the use thereof for any purpose other than the operation or maintenance of the equipment described in this manual without the express written permission of Sony Corporation.