90565382 SSL16 SSL20 NEW Smart Select.qxd:??????-00 BDL500 laser
Recommended Minimum Wire Size for Extension Cords
Total Length of Cord
Wire Size AWG
• Do not place any object on top of charger or place the charger on a soft surface
that might block the ventilation slots and result in excessive internal heat. Place
the charger in a position away from any heat source.
• Do not mount charger on wall or permanently affix charger to any surface.
• Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug —
• Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way.
• Do not disassemble charger;
• Disconnect the charger from the outlet before attempting any cleaning.
• NEVER attempt to connect 2 chargers together.
• The charger is designed to operate on standard household electrical power
(120 Volts). Do not attempt to use it on any other voltage.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTION FOR BATTERY PACKS
The battery pack is not fully charged out of the carton. Before using the battery pack and
charger, read the safety instructions below. Then follow charging procedures outlined.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
• Do not incinerate the battery pack even if it is severely damaged or is completely
• Do not charge or use battery in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of
flammable liquids, gases or dust.
• If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash area with mild
soap and water.
• Contents of opened battery cells may cause respiratory irritation.
Black & Decker
• DO NOT splash or immerse in water or other liquids.
• Do not store or use the tool and battery pack in locations where the temperature
may reach or exceed 105°F (40˚C) (such as outside sheds or metal buildings in
Fire hazard. Do not store or carry battery so that metal objects can
contact exposed battery terminals.
Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently
come in contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the
batteries should not be put in checked baggage.
1. The best storage place is one that is cool and dry away from direct sunlight and
excess heat or cold.
2. Long storage will not harm the battery pack or charger.
Black & Decker chargers are designed to charge
Black & Decker battery packs in 5-8 hours depending
on the pack being charged.
1. Plug the charger into an appropriate outlet before
inserting the battery pack.
2. Insert the battery pack into the charger as shown in
3. The green LED will flash indicating that the
battery is being charged.
4. The completion of charge is indicated by the
green LED remaining on continuously. The pack
is fully charged and may be used at this time or
left on the charger.
This charger is designed to detect certain problems that can arise with the battery packs
or the power source. Problems are indicated by one LED flashing in different patterns.
The charger can detect a weak or damaged battery. The red LED flashes in the
pattern indicated on the label. If you see this bad battery blink pattern, do not
continue to charge the battery. Return it to a service center or a collection site for
When the charger detects a battery that is excessively hot or excessively cold, it
automatically starts a Hot/Cold Pack Delay, suspending charging until the battery
has normalized. After this happens, the charger automatically switches to the Pack
Charging mode. This feature ensures maximum battery life. The red LED flashes
in the pattern indicated on the label.
The charger and battery pack can be left connected with the green LED glowing
indefinitely. The charger will keep the battery pack fresh and fully charged.
1. Longest life and best performance can be obtained if the battery pack is charged when
the air temperature is between 65°F and 75°F (18°- 24°C). DO NOT charge the battery
pack in an air temperature below +40°F (+4.5°C), or above +105°F (+40.5°C). This is
important and will prevent serious damage to the battery pack.
2. The charger and battery pack may become warm to touch while charging. This is a
normal condition, and does not indicate a problem. To facilitate the cooling of the battery