PIXMA iP90 SERVICE MANUAL Canon Copyright 2005, Canon U.S.A. This technical publication is the proprietary and confidential information of Canon U.S.A. which shall be retained for reference purposes by Authorized Service Facilities of Canon U.S.A. Its unauthorized use is prohibited.
I. TABLE OF CONTENTS Part 1 MAINTENANCE ................. 3 1. MAINTENANCE ........................3 1.1 Adjustment, Periodic Maintenance, Periodic Parts Replacement, and Consumables Replacement, by Service Engineer .................3 1.2 Product Life........................3 2. LIST OF ERROR DISPLAY / INDICATION ................4 2.1 Operator Call Errors (LED Blinks in Orange) ..............4 3.
Part 1 MAINTENANCE 1. MAINTENANCE 1.1 Adjustment, Periodic Maintenance, Periodic Parts Replacement, and Consumables Replacement, by Service Engineer (1) Adjustment (changes from the i70/PIXUS 50i base model) Approx. Adjustment Timing Purpose Tool time Waste ink counter At replacement of To reset the waste ink None.
Put the battery on charge or print with the AC adapter. * For the PIXMA iP90 / PIXUS iP90, it is possible to reset ‘main waste ink counter’ and ‘platen waste ink counter’ respectively. For the i70 / PIXUS 50i and i80 / PIXUS 80i, they are reset at the same time.
(a) Main board ----- Cable to the coin battery The service part settings are as follows: i70 / PIXUS 50i, i80 / PIXUS 80i PIXMA iP90 / PIXUS iP90 Main board Main board (including the coin battery holder) Soldered...
(b) USB board ----- Cables to the main and DC-DC boards Soldered (c) DC-D board ----- Cables to the main board Soldered (d) Door sensor board ----- Flexible cable to the main board Soldered (2) Tapping Screw The tapping screw is used in the main case unit at the location indicated below. As no metal sheet is inserted between the screw and the main case unit, be careful not to fasten the screw too tight.
3-3. Adjustment / Settings (1) Service mode The basic operations are the same as those of the i70 / PIXUS 50i. In this section, destination settings, how to reset the waste ink counter, and EEPROM information printing, which differ from those of the i70 / PIXUS 50i, are detailed. <Service mode operation procedures>...
Green Other than Japan (A4): PIXMA iP90 3 times Orange Other than Japan (LTR): PIXMA iP90 (LTR) Note: After the specific destination is set, print the EEPROM information as shown below, and confirm the model name. <EEPROM information contents> Print sample: 1:iPXXXX 2:V1.02...
Although BCI-16 Color and BCI-15 Color are mechanically and electrically same, the color conversion process of the printer driver is different. Use of BCI-15 Color on the PIXMA iP90 / PIXUS iP90 (or BCI-16 Color on the i80 / PIXUS 80i) is not allowed to avoid undesirable effects on printouts.
(7) The wait time of the print head before capping is reduced. The period of time before the print head starts to move to the capping position from the home position becomes 11 seconds. In conventional models, it was 55 seconds. Reason: To prevent removal of the power cord while the print head is at home position (meaning, the print head is not capped).
2. CLEANING MODE AND AMOUNT OF INK PURGED Print head cleaning is performed before a start of printing, except in the following cases: - Cleaning on arrival: Performed when the print head cover is closed. - Cleaning by dot count: Performed after ejecting paper.
3. PRINT MODE Default setting Selectable in the printer driver Main tab. Selectable after clicking Custom in the Main tab (1) Standard color printing Fast <-- --> Fine Printer driver Custom setting Paper type Plain paper Print quality Draft (*1) Standard (*1) High Bk + YMC...
(2) Standard grayscale printing Fast <-- --> Fine Printer driver Custom setting Paper type Plain paper Print quality Draft (*1) Standard (*1) High Resolution HxV (dpi) 300 x 300 300 x 300 600 x 600 600 x 600 600 x 600 Print control 1 pass 1 pass...
(4) Duplex printing a. Color printing Fast <-- --> Fine Printer driver Custom setting Paper type Plain paper Print quality Bk+YMC Draft (*1) Standard (*1) High Resolution HxV (dpi) 300 x 300 300 x 300 600 x 600 600 x 600 600 x 600 Ink drop size 5 pl...
(6) Print Beam printing Fast <-- --> Fine Printer driver Custom setting Paper type Plain paper Print quality Bk + YMC Standard Resolution HxV (dpi) 600 x 600 Ink drop size 5 pl Print control 1 /2 passes bidirectional Photo Paper Print quality Standard Resolution HxV (dpi)
4. FAQ (Specific Problems and Solutions) <Newly expected FAQ in the PIXMA iP90 / PIXUS iP90> Function Symptom Condition Cause Solution Possible call or complaint Print Print quality is rough. When Bluetooth / IrDA When the printer driver Print 1. Deselect "Change the print data size to Print quality is rough.
< Expected FAQ in common with the i70/PIXUS 50i> Function Symptom Condition Cause Solution Possible call or complaint Paper Paper jam - Plain paper (soft ones) When many sheets of Reduce the number of sheets - Paper jam feeding Paper edge creasing - About 30 sheets are loaded.