When the 1 (standby) indicator is flashing, count how many times it flashes (interval
time is three seconds).
Press 1 on the TV to turn it off, disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead), and inform your dealer
or Sony service centre of how the indicator flashes (number of flashes).
When the 1 (standby) indicator is not flashing, check the items in the tables as
Also refer to "Troubleshooting" in the i-Manual. If the problem persists, have your TV serviced by
qualified service personnel.
There is no picture (screen
is dark) and no sound.
Tiny black points and/or
bright points appear on the
Some programmes cannot
The TV turns off
automatically (the TV
enters standby mode).
The remote does not
The "Parental Lock"
password has been
The TV surrounds become
• Check the antenna (aerial)/cable connection.
• Connect the TV to the AC power (mains), and press 1 on the TV.
• If the 1 (standby) indicator lights up in red, press "/1.
• The screen is composed of pixels. Tiny black points and/or bright
points (pixels) on the screen do not indicate a malfunction.
• Check the antenna (aerial) or dish.
• Check if the "Sleep Timer" is activated, or confirm the
"Duration" setting of "On Timer".
• Check if the "Idle TV Standby" is activated.
• Check if the "Presence Sensor" is activated. When no viewer is
detected in front of the TV for a preset time, the picture
automatically turns off, while leaving only the TV sound on.
Additionally, after 30 minutes in picture off mode, the TV will
switch to standby mode.
• Replace the batteries.
• Your TV may be in SYNC mode.
Press SYNC MENU, select "TV Control" and then select "Home
(Menu)" or "Options" to control the TV.
• Enter 9999 for the PIN code. (PIN code 9999 is always accepted.)
• When the TV is used for an extended period, the TV surrounds
You may feel hot when touching there by the hand.