Install and use the TV set in accordance
with the instructions as follows in order to
avoid any risk of fire, electrical shock or
damage and/or injuries.
• The TV set should be installed near an
easily accessible mains socket.
• Place the TV set on a stable, level
• Only qualified service personnel should
carry out wall installations.
• For safety reasons, it is strongly
recommended that you use Sony
– Wall Mount Bracket:
SU-WL500 (except KDL-26/24/
• Be sure to use the screws supplied with
the Wall-mount bracket when attaching
the mounting hooks to the TV set. The
supplied screws are designed so that they
are 8 mm to 12 mm in length when
measured from the attaching surface of
the mounting hook.
The diameter and length of the screws
differ depending on the Wall-mount
Use of screws other than those supplied
may result in internal damage to the TV
set or cause it to fall, etc.
8 mm - 12 mm
Screw (supplied with the
Hook attachment on rear
of TV set
• Before transporting the TV set,
disconnect all cables.
• Two or three people are needed to
transport a large TV set.
• When transporting the TV set by hand,
hold it as shown in the illustration. Do
not put stress on the LCD panel and the
frame around the screen.
• When transporting the TV set, do not
subject it to jolts or excessive vibration.
• When transporting the TV set for repairs
or when moving, pack it using the
original carton and packing material.
• Never cover the ventilation holes or
insert anything in the cabinet.
• Leave space around the TV set as shown
• It is strongly recommended that you use
a Sony wall-mount bracket in order to
provide adequate air-circulation.
Installed on the wall
Leave at least this space around
Installed with stand
Leave at least this space around
• To ensure proper ventilation and prevent
the collection of dirt or dust:
– Do not lay the TV set flat, install
upside down, backwards, or
– Do not place the TV set on a shelf,
rug, bed or in a closet.
– Do not cover the TV set with a cloth,
such as curtains, or items such as
– Do not install the TV set as shown
Air circulation is blocked.
Handle the mains lead and socket as
follows in order to avoid any risk of fire,
electrical shock or damage and/or injuries:
– Use only mains leads supplied by
Sony, not other suppliers.
– Insert the plug fully into the mains
– Operate the TV set on a 220-240 V AC
– When wiring cables, be sure to unplug
the mains lead for your safety and take
care not to catch your feet on the
– Disconnect the mains lead from the
mains socket before working on or
moving the TV set.
– Keep the mains lead away from heat
– Unplug the mains plug and clean it
regularly. If the plug is covered with
dust and it picks up moisture, its
insulation may deteriorate, which
could result in a fire.
• Do not use the supplied mains lead on
any other equipment.
• Do not pinch, bend, or twist the mains
lead excessively. The core conductors
may be exposed or broken.
• Do not modify the mains lead.
• Do not put anything heavy on the mains
• Do not pull on the mains lead itself when
disconnecting the mains lead.
• Do not connect too many appliances to
the same mains socket.
• Do not use a poor fitting mains socket.
Do not install/use the TV set in locations,
environments or situations such as those
listed below, or the TV set may
malfunction and cause a fire, electrical
shock, damage and/or injuries.
• Outdoors (in direct sunlight), at the
seashore, on a ship or other vessel, inside
a vehicle, in medical institutions,
unstable locations, near water, rain,
moisture or smoke.
• If the TV is placed in the changing room
of a public bath or hot spring, the TV
may be damaged by airborne sulfur, etc.
• For best picture quality, do not expose
the screen to direct illumination or
• Avoid moving the TV from a cold area
to a warm area. Sudden room
temperature changes may cause moisture
condensation. This may cause the TV to
show poor picture and/or poor colour.
Should this occur, allow moisture to
evaporate completely before powering
the TV on.