: Connecting to the 5.1ch input jacks
You can enjoy 5.1ch surround sound using
the internal Dolby Digital, DTS, or Super
Audio CD Multi decoder of this player.
: Connecting to a digital jack
This connection will allow you to use the
Dolby Digital, or DTS decoder function of
your AV amplifier (receiver).
• For correct speaker placement, refer to the
instructions of the connected components.
• To enhance the sound performance:
–Use high-performance speakers.
–Use front, rear, and center speakers of the same
size and performance.
–Place the subwoofer between the left and right
• After you have completed the connection, be sure
to set "DOLBY DIGITAL" to "DOLBY
DIGITAL" and "DTS" to "DTS" in Quick Setup
• When you connect an amplifier (receiver) that
conforms to the 96 kHz sampling frequency, set
"48kHz/96kHz PCM" in "AUDIO SETUP" to
"96kHz/24bit" (page 74).
• Super Audio CD audio signals are not output from
the DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL or OPTICAL)/
HDMI OUT jack.
• When you connect the player to an AV amplifier
(receiver) using an HDMI cord, you will need to
do one of the following:
–Connect the AV amplifier (receiver) to the TV
with the HDMI cord.
–Connect the player to the TV with a video cord
other than HDMI cord (component video cord, S
VIDEO cord, or audio/video cord).