Adjusting the Playback
(CUSTOM PICTURE MODE)
You can adjust the video signal of the DVD or
VIDEO CD from the player to obtain the
picture quality you want. Choose the setting
that best suits the programme you are
Press PICTURE MODE during
The following display appears.
Press PICTURE MODE repeatedly
to select the setting you want.
The default setting is underlined.
• STANDARD: displays a standard
• DYNAMIC 1: produces a bold
dynamic picture by increasing the
picture contrast and the colour
• DYNAMIC 2: produces a more
dynamic picture than DYNAMIC 1 by
further increasing the picture contrast
and the colour intensity.
• CINEMA 1: enhances details in dark
areas by increasing the black level.
• CINEMA 2: White colours become
brighter and black colours become
richer, and the colour contrast is
• When you watch a movie, "CINEMA 1" or
"CINEMA 2" is recommended.
• The picture can be adjusted by pressing the
PICTURE MODE button on the player as well.
• You can also select "CUSTOM PICTURE
MODE" from the Control Menu (page 12).