Battery life and memory capacity
Battery life and the available
recording and playback time
The tables show the approximate time
(min.) that the images can be recorded/
played back with the battery at full capacity
and at an ambient temperature of 25°C
Note that the available recording and
playback time may be less than those
indicated in the table depending on the
conditions of use.
• Battery capacity decreases as you use it more, as
the time passes.
• The available recording and playback time and
the battery life are decreased under the
– The surrounding temperature is low.
– The camera has been turned on and off many
– The zoom is used frequently.
– [LCD Backlight] is set to [Bright].
– The battery power is low.
[ Approximate recording/playback
Continuous recording time
Typical recording time
Shooting movies continuously with an image
size of [720 30P]
Typical recording time shows the time when
you repeat recording start/stop, turning the
power on/off and zooming.
[ To check the remaining battery
Rotate the lens portion or press ON/OFF
button to turn on and check the remaining
battery on the LCD screen.
The remaining amount of battery is shown
Sufficient power remaining
Charge the battery.
(The warning indicator
• It takes about one minute until the correct
battery remaining indicator appears.
• The displayed battery remaining indicator may
not be correct under certain circumstances.