Getting Started with the
Opening the Register
If the display on the register reads "CLOSED", you will need to
open the register by assigning a clerk to it. To do this...
1. Turn the key to the <Reg> position
2. Press 1
3. Press the CLERK key
4. The register is now open and available to ring in sales.
5. To close the register, press 0 and then CLERK
Ringing in Sales
\Using preset items on the keyboard
1. For items with a preset price, simply hit the key for that
item on the keyboard.
2. To ring multiples of an item, i.e., 5 Bottled Waters
a. enter the quantity of the item
b. press X/TIME
c. press the item key
For open items that do not have set prices
1. Enter the quantity (Q) if greater than one
2. Press the X/TIME key
3. Enter a price for the item, example, for a $8.99, enter
899. DO NOT USE DECIMAL POINT
4. Press an open item key, for example MISC SALES
Using the Scanner
1. Point scanner at bar code and push button on scanner. If
the scanner is in a scanner stand, pressing the button is
not necessary as scanning occurs automatically.
(If multiples of same item. Enter the quantity, press
X/TIME and then scan item.)
Finishing the Sale
1. Press the SBTL key to display the current total. Tell
customer total owed (i.e, $15.99).
2. Enter the amount received from customer (i.e. $20 bill)
and press CASH, CHECK, CHARGE, ECT. Amount
of change to give back to customer will be displayed on
1. If the customer would like to pay using cash and putting
the remaining balance on a credit card. Ring in the
amount of the cash and press CASH, and then the
remaining amount and press CHARGE.