Using Your Radio
For charging radio(s) in desktop charger:
1. Insert radio(s) into desktop charger as shown.
2. Insert the micro-USB cable into jack on back of charger.
3. Plug the cable into USB compatible power port. For
pluggable equipment, the socket-outlet shall be
installed near the equipment and shall be easily
If charging light is not on, check position of radio. Radio should be upright.
The charge indicator light will stay on as long as the radio is in the charging
mode, and the light will go off when the charging is complete.
Note: To charge a single radio, you can bypass the desktop charger and
simply insert the micro-USB's connector directly into the charge jack
located on the left side of the radio.
The radio will display ashing battery icon while charging.
WALT recommends your radio be turned off while being charged.
1. Turn On/Off VOL Knob clockwise to turn the radio on and counter
clockwise to turn the radio off.
2. Select a desired channel.
Both radios must be tuned to the same
channel/privacy code to communicate.
3. Press and hold the Talk button while speaking into the microphone.
4. When finished talking, release the Talk button and listen for a
Turning on Your Radio
clockwise to turn the radio on and counterclockwise to turn the
1. In the ON position, the radio chirps and brie y shows all feature icons
available on the radio.
2. The display screen then shows the current channel, code and all features
that are enabled.
When battery power is low, the final bar in the Battery
Low icon will blink and an audible tone will sound twice
before the radio shuts off. Your batteries need to be
The radio will display ashing battery icon
while charging if the radio is on.
Auto Battery Save
If there are no transmissions within 10 seconds, the
Battery Save Mode
radio will automatically switch to Battery Save mode
and the Power Saver icon will ash in the display.
This will not affect the radio's ability to receive