When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock
and injury to persons, including the following:
• Read all instructions
before using the air cleaner.
• This product is equipped with a polarized alternating
current line plug (a plug having one blade wider than
the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only
one way. This is a SAFETY FEATURE. If you are unable
to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the
plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact an
electrician to replace the obsolete outlet. DO NOT do
anything that will defeat the safety purpose of the
• Always unplug the air cleaner when not in use.
• Do not operate the air cleaner with a damaged cord
or plug or after the air cleaner malfunctions, has been
dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the unit
to Sears for examination, electrical or mechanical
• Do not run power cord under carpeting. Do not cover
cord with throw rugs, runners or the like. Arrange
cord away from traffic areas and where it will not be
• Unplug the air cleaner prior to moving, cleaning or
changing the replacement filters.
• DO NOT place any foreign objects inside the air cleaner.
Electric shock and injury could occur.
• Never expose your air cleaner to rain, use in damp
locations or near water (for example, near bathtubs
or in a wet basement).
• Never operate the air cleaner unless it is fully assembled.
• Do not use this product outdoors.
• Do not use air cleaner in areas where combustible
gases or vapors are present.
• Do not block air intake or any air outlets by placing
air cleaner on soft surfaces such as bedding or
• Locate the air cleaner near a power outlet and avoid
using an extension cord.
• SAVE THESE MPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS.