Note: National regulations can set limits to the operation product operates with an internal dust extractor and a of the product. dust bag. Product overview K 770 Dry Cut, K 770 Dry Cut OilGuard 1. Cutting blade (not supplied) 4. Front handle 2. Rotation direction 5.
7. Starting instruction decal WARNING! Kickbacks can be sudden, rapid 8. Choke control with start throttle lock and violent and can cause life threatening 9. Throttle trigger lockout injuries. Read and understand the instructions in the manual before using the 10.
Note: Other symbols or decals on the product refer to certification requirements for some markets. Type plate XXXXXXXXX YYYY s / n YYYY WWXXXXX XXX XX XX-XX Husqvarna AB Huskvarna, SWEDEN XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX Safety Safety definitions CAUTION: Used if there is a risk of damage...
General safety instructions Safety instructions for assembly WARNING: Read the warning instructions WARNING: Read the warning instructions that follow before you use the product. that follow before you assemble the product. • A power cutter is a dangerous tool if used carelessly •...
• Use tight-fitting, heavy-duty and comfortable clothing that permits full freedom of movement. Cutting generates sparks that can ignite clothing. Husqvarna recommends that you wear flame-retardant cotton or heavy denim. Do not wear clothing made of material such as nylon, polyester or rayon. If ignited such material can melt and cling to the skin.
To examine the throttle trigger lockout 3. Make sure that the throttle trigger and throttle lockout move freely and that the return springs work 1. Make sure that the throttle trigger is locked at the correctly. idle position when the throttle lockout is released. 4.
2. Push the start/stop switch to the STOP position. The To examine the cutting blade, the blade guard and engine must stop. the blade guard extender 1. Make sure that the cutting blade (B) is attached correctly and that it is not damaged. 2.
5. Replace the cutting blade and the blade guard if they WARNING: The muffler gets very hot during are damaged. Replace the blade guard extender, the and after use. This also applies during idling. dust shield or their springs if they are defected and Be aware of the fire hazard, especially when not returning instantly when pushed in.
strong and you might not be able to control the power Rotational kickback cutter. A rotational kickback occurs when the cutting blade does not move freely in the kickback zone. Never move the product when the cutting equipment is rotating. Gyroscopic forces can obstruct the intended movement Kickback zone Never use the kickback zone of the blade for cutting.
strong and you might not be able to control the power 2. Cut section "I" of the pipe. cutter. 3. Ensure that the cut opens to avoid pinching. If the blade is pinched or stalled in the kickback zone, the reactive force will push the power cutter up and back towards the user in a rotating motion causing serious or even fatal injury.
When refuelling, open the fuel cap slowly so that any • Only do the maintenance as this operator´s manual excess pressure is released gently. recommends. Let a Husqvarna service agent do all • Tighten the fuel cap carefully after refuelling. If the other servicing.
WARNING: Never use a diamond blade to cut plastic material. The heat produced Husqvarna cutting blades are high speed cutting blades during cutting may melt the plastic and it can approved for hand held power cutters. stick to the cutting blade and cause a •...
Replace the blade before it is worn out. To examine the spindle shaft and the flange washers CAUTION: Use only Husqvarna flange washers with a minimum diameter of 60 mm (2.36 in.). WARNING: Incorrect flange washers can...
(B) and the flange washer (C). blade specification. Use only Husqvarna arbor bushings. • Make sure that the arbor bushing has the correct dimension for the cutting blade. The correct 3.
Dust collection equipment 4. Attach the rope to the extension hose near the dust bag inlet. The product has a blade guard, a blade guard extender, To examine the dust equipment a dust shield, an on-board fan and a dust bag that collect dust during operation.
Operation Introduction • Maintain a safe distance from the cutting blade when the engine is running. Do not try to stop a rotating blade with any part of your body. WARNING: Before you operate the product, • Hold the saw with both hands; keep a firm grip with carefully read and understand the safety thumbs and fingers encircling the handles.
Do not use oil for four-stroke engines. OilGuard Note: Applicable only to K 770 Dry Cut installed with OilGuard (optional) and filled with a mixture of gasoline and Husqvarna two-stroke oil. •...
OilGuard oil 4. Add the remaining quantity of gasoline to the container. Use Husqvarna OilGuard oil when you use the OilGuard 5. Carefully shake the fuel mixture. system. OilGuard oil has a special color that is necessary for the OilGuard system to work correctly.
1. Make sure that the STOP switch is in the left 4. Push the air purge bulb 6 times until it is fully filled position. with fuel. 5. Hold the front handle with your left hand. 6. Put your right foot on the lower section of the rear handle to push the product against the ground.
8. Push the choke control when the engine starts. If the 2. Pull the choke control fully and get the start throttle choke is pulled out, the engine will stop after some position. seconds. If the engine stops, pull the starter rope handle again.
6. Put your right foot on the lower section of the rear • Move the STOP switch to the right to stop the handle to push the product against the ground. engine. To use a dust bag WARNING: Do not wind the starter rope around your hand.
bag. Dust can spill out in the air when the 3. Put the dust bag fully into the garbage bag. operator removes and cleans the dust bag. 1. Put the dust bag in a garbage bag. 4. Hold and shake the dust bag until it is empty. 2.
To replace the drive belt • Clean the cold air intake if it is necessary. 1. Loosen the 3 nuts on the front drive belt cover. Loosen the drive belt tension with the adjuster screw. To examine the spark plug 2.
4. Remove the 7 screws on the fan housing fully and 9. Make sure that the drive belt is put in correct remove the fan housing and the top section of the position. connection bend. 10. Install the fan, the 2 belt guards, the fan housing and the top section of the connection bend.
3. Tighten the bolts. 1. Hold the starter rope pulley with your thumb. Pull the starter rope approximately 30 cm and put it in the cut-out of the starter pulley. The illustration shows the correct tension. The adjustment nut is opposite the mark on the cover. 2.
To adjust the tension of the recoil 1. Remove the 2 screws on the spring assembly. spring 1. Put the rope through the cut-out in the starter pulley. Wind the rope 3 turns clockwise around the center of the starter pulley. 2.
CAUTION: Be careful when you remove the 3. If the engine continues to decrease in power or air filter. Particles that fall into the carburetor speed, speak to your Husqvarna servicing dealer. inlet can cause damage. To examine the fuel system Examine the air filter if the engine power decreases.
3. Loosen the 2 screws on the air filter pulley and Note: The air filter must not be cleaned or blown clean remove it. with compressed air. This will damage the filter. 4. Remove the air filter. 1. Loosen the 3 screws on the air filter cover. 5.
Problem Possible solutions Cause Examine the air filter. If it is necessa- The air filter is clogged. ry, replace it. The product has no power when the operator tries to throttle up. The fuel filter is clogged. Replace the fuel filter. The fuel tank flow is blocked.
Discard all chemicals, such as engine oil or fuel, at a service center or at an applicable disposal location. • When the product is no longer in use, send it to a Husqvarna dealer or discard it at a recycling location. 861 - 003 - 12.11.2018...
Technical data Technical data K 770 Dry Cut, K 770 Dry Cut OilGuard Cylinder displacement, cm (cu in.) 74 (4.5) Cylinder bore, mm (in.) 51 (2) Stroke, mm (in.) 36 (1.4) Idle speed, rpm 2700 Wide open throttle, no load, rpm...
Husqvarna AB, SE–561 82 Huskvarna, Sweden, tel: +46–36–146500, declares under sole responsibility that the portable cut-off machine Husqvarna K 770 Dry Cut, K 770 Dry Cut OilGuard, dating from 2018 serial numbers and onward (the year is clearly stated on the type plate, followed by the serial number), comply with the requirements of the COUNCIL’S DIRECTIVE:...