Thank you for purchasing this product.
To use this product safely, read and understand this operation manual thoroughly before using
it. After reading this manual, keep it in a safe place so that it can be used when necessary.
The information you need to prevent danger to the user and other people as well as property
damage is described below. "Description of signs" shows different categories of the degree
of danger or damage that may occur due to wrong handling. "Description of symbols" shows
the meaning of the symbols.
• This book is only a guide for user's operation, not a criterion for configuration.
• Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
The lightning flash is intended to alert the user to the presence of
dangerous voltage within the product's enclosure, and touching the
internal components may result in a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamatory mark is intended to alert the user to the presence of
important operating instructions.
To reduce the risk of electric shock or fire, do not open the cover. Refer
servicing to qualified service personnel.
Description of signs
Indicates that there is a risk of death or serious injury.
Indicates that there is a risk of minor injury or property damage.
Description of symbols
Indicates "Prohibition" or "You must
Indicates "Mandatory Action" or "Do as
not do" with pictures and text.
indicated" with pictures and text.
What to do in the case of an abnormality
• Stop using the device immediately in case of an abnormality or failure.
• Remove the USB cable immediately when water or any foreign object enters the
interior of the device. It may cause a fire or electric shock. Remove the USB cable
immediately, and contact your dealer for a repair.
Do not use this product while driving for traffic safety.
• Do not use the product while riding a bicycle or driving a car or motorbike.
Surrounding sounds may not be heard clearly, which may cause a traffic accident.
• Besides during driving, do not use the product in places where when surrounding
sounds cannot be heard may cause danger, such as railroad crossings, station
platforms, roadways, or construction sites.
Do not disassemble, repair, or modify the product.
• Doing so may cause a fault. Contact your dealer for a repair.
Do not leave in places within the reach of small children.
• Small children might swallow ear pieces by mistake and cause injury.
Do not expose the product to a strong shock such as dropping or stepping on the
• Doing so may cause a fault.
Do not raise the volume too high.
• Listening at ear-splitting volume for a long time may affect your hearing.
When using the product while walking, turn down the volume until surrounding
sounds can be heard clearly.
• Otherwise, it may cause a traffic accident.
Notes on usage
• If you feel unwell while using the product, stop using it immediately.
• Do not place the product either in wet, humid, dusty smoky, steamy places, near a heater,
or in direct sunlight.
• Do not leave the product where it gets extremely hot such as in a car.
• Do not spray insecticide or any volatile material. Also do not keep the product touched with
rubber or plastics for a long time. The product may become discolored or its painting may
About static electricity precautions
When wearing the earphone, you may feel the sound and stimulus caused by static electricity.
In dry-weather seasons or places where static electricity likely occurs, you can reduce it by
avoiding wearing clothes of chemical fiber, or using an antistatic ring.
• Wipe with a dry, soft cloth.
• If the ear piece gets dirty, take it off from the earphone and wash it with diluted neutral
detergent by hand.
• Never use alcohol, paint thinner or benzine to clean this product. Doing so may cause the
product's surface deteriorate.
Rechargeable battery (Lithium polymer ion)
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or product damage,
• Do not attempt to replace the battery by yourself, it is built-in and is not
• Do not heat, disassemble, or short-circuit the battery. Doing so may cause the
battery and power supply to generate heat, rupture, or ignite.
• Charge the battery only in an ambient temperature between 5 and 35 degrees
Celsius. Otherwise, the electrolyte solution might leak, battery performance
might deteriorate and the battery life might be shortened.
• Do not continue charging the battery if it does not reach full charge within the
specified charging time. Overcharging may cause the battery to become hot,
rupture, or ignite.
• Do not expose the battery to excessive heat such as under the sun or near the fire
or the like.
Overheat, leakage, or rupture may occur, resulting in burns or injury.
If you touch the battery fluid, rinse it off with water and consult with the doctor. If the
battery fluid spills over the device, wipe it off without touching the fluid.
If you leave the unit unused for a long period of time, the built-in rechargeable battery
will be in an over discharge state due to self discharge, and the charging capacity may
deteriorate or the battery may be no longer rechargeable. Even if you are not using the
unit, charge the battery once or twice a year for 1.5 hours each time.
Important Safety Instructions
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with dry cloth.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer's
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other
apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized
plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two
blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for
your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for
replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs,
convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the
manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution
when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long
periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus
has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has
been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to
rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
FCC Statement :
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following
1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and 2) This device must accept any
interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B
digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communication. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or
television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on,
the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for
compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2)
this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired
operation of the device.
This Class [B] digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil s'accorde avec Industrie Canada licence-exempte RSS standard. (1) cet
appareil ne peut pas causer l'intervention, et (2) cet appareil doit accepter de l'intervention,
y compris l'intervention qui peut causer l'operation non desiree de.
Cet appareil numerique de la classe B est conforme a la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
California Prop 65 Warning :
This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the
State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
• Toshiba shall not be responsible for any damage caused by an earthquake,
thunderstorm, flood damage, fire for which Toshiba is not responsible, acts of a third
party, other accidents, or damages caused by the user's willful acts or negligence,
misuse, or use in abnormal conditions.
• Toshiba shall not be responsible for any damage caused by failure to observe the
information described in the operation manual.
• When disposing of this device, observe the laws, or ordinances and rules of the local
• When disposing of the battery, make a request to a recycle agency for disposal.
• This product contains a built-in lithium ion rechargeable battery. There is a risk of
injury due to fire, explosion or leakage if the battery is not used, handled, replaced
or disposed of properly. Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances
or regulations. Do not disassemble, crush or expose the battery to fire or high
About Using Bluetooth®
This unit is designed for use with Bluetooth® wireless devices compatible with the HFP, HSP,
SPP, A2DP and AVRCP streaming audio profiles. Refer to your Bluetooth® device's user manual
or technical support to determine if your Bluetooth® device supports these profiles.
Frequency band used
This unit uses the 2.4 GHz frequency band. However other wireless devices may use 2.4 GHz
frequency band as well and may cause interference with each other. To avoid interference,
please refrain from the use of the unit at the same time with other wireless devices.
Certification of this device
This unit conforms to frequency restrictions and has received certification based on
frequency laws, so a wireless permit is not necessary.
However, the following action is punishable by law in some countries:
• Taking apart/modifying the unit.
• Wireless transmission and/or use with all Bluetooth® equipped devices is not guaranteed.
• A device featuring the Bluetooth® function is required to conform to the Bluetooth® standard
specified by Bluetooth SIG, and be authenticated. Even if the connected device conforms
to the above mentioned Bluetooth® standard, some devices may not be connected or work
correctly, depending on the features or specifications of the device.
Range of use
Use this device within an unobstructed 10 m range. The range of use or perimeter may be
shortened depending on any obstructions, devices causing interference, other people in the
room, or the construction of the building. Please note that the range mentioned above is
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and are used
• This unit may receive radio interference caused by mobile telephones during use. If
such interference occurs, please increase separation between this unit and the mobile
Charging case opening button
Charging status indicator (4 LED)
USB Charge output socket
Micro USB Charging socket
Charging status indicator for Earphone (Red)
Earphone status indicator (Blue)
Multi-function button (Power on / Power off
/ Play / Pause / Answer a call / Reject a call /
Redial / Pairing / Voice Control )
The earphones and the charging case have built-in lithium-ion polymer batteries. Charge
them fully beforehand.
Charging the Earphones
Place each earphone in the charging case in the right position and
close the case.
The charging status indicator for the earphone is turned ON.
• When charging the earphones using the charging case, the charging status indicator for
the earphones and charging case are turned ON and OFF when fully charged.
• The charging status indicator for the case (4 LEDs) shows the current battery capacity level
(such as 25, 50, 75 or 100 %).
Charging the Charging Case
Insert the supplied USB cable into the Micro USB charging socket on
the charging case.
Connect the USB cable to a USB port of your computer or a mobile
The charging status indicator for the case is turned ON during the charging.
• The charging status indicator for the case (4 LEDs) shows the current battery capacity level
(such as 25, 50, 75 or 100 %).
• The charging status indicator for the case (4 LEDs) is turned off when fully charged.
Wearing the Earphone
Check the left and right, wear the ear piece in your ears.
• The one marked with "R" is for the right ear, and the one
marked with "L" is for the left ear.
• After use, take them off from your ears slowly.
• Pressing the earphones strongly or taking them off from your ears roughly may hurt your
eardrum. Put on or take off the earphones slowly.