Performance Series 8 SATA Storage
Quick Installation Guide
Install the Disk
1. Unscrew the 2 screws circled and
remove the top cover.(See ﬁgure 1)
2. Refer to the installation steps on the sticker that
stick to the bracket to load the disk. (See ﬁgure 2)
3. Replace and fasten the top cover with the 2
Connect to Host
Use the SATA cable to connect the device to the host
(NVR/DVR) via the eSATA port. (See ﬁgure 3)
ON OFF Switch
Format the Disk
Make sure to format the disk once the connection is
completed. Take NVR as an example:
1. Log on to NVR system and right click the video
window on Live View screen, select Main Menu.
2. Input Username and Password to log on the Main
Menu, and go to SETTING STORAGE HDD
3. Select the target disk and click Format. (See
There are two types of formatting:
Storage: after formatting, the disk can be used
as a normal NVR disk to record video.
Backup: after formatting, the disk can be used
as a backup disk to save data and etc..
Note: For more information, please see the User
Guide of NVR.