5. Using UL listed wire nuts, connect the field supply wires to
the furnace (black to black and white to white).
Electrical Shock Hazard
Electrically ground furnace.
Connect ground wire to green ground screw.
Failure to do so can result in death or electrical shock.
6. Connect ground wire to green ground screw.
A. Connect white to white and black to black
B. Green ground screw
7. Replace the furnace electrical connection box cover and
IMPORTANT: This furnace requires conversion for use with
propane. To order the correct conversion kit, see "Accessories."
1. Install the field gas supply as shown.
2. Provide a sediment trap on the outside of the furnace.
3. Install a manual gas shutoff valve in the gas line, outside the
4. Install a test gauge connection with a ¹⁄₈" NPT plugged tap
5. Connect the gas pipe to the furnace controls providing a
6. Turn off the gas supply at the manual gas shutoff valve.
®Teflon is a registered trademark of E.I. Dupont de Nemours and
Make Gas Connections
furnace, 5 ft above the floor, or in accordance with any local
immediately upstream of the manual gas shutoff valve as
ground joint union as close to the controls as possible to
facilitate removal of controls and manifold.
Pipe-joint compounds suitable for use with Natural and LP
gas must be used. Do not use Teflon
" NPT plugged tap
B. Manual gas shutoff valve
C. Ground joint union
FIRE OR EXPLOSION HAZARD
Failure to follow the safety warnings exactly could result
in serious injury, death or property damage.
Never test for gas leaks with an open flame. Use a
commercially available soap solution made specifically
for the detection of leaks to check all connections. A fire
or explosion may result causing property damage,
personal injury or loss of life.
A. Closed valve
B. Open valve
E. Sediment trap
G. Gas control valve