Installation Quick Guide
our NEW thermostat has a built-in program.
Items needed: pan head screwdriver, drill, and level (optional).
1. Turn off Heating/Cooling system power.
2. Remove old thermostat from wall. Use enclosed labels to mark the wires as you
disconnect them. Label wires using letters above screw terminals, not wire colors.
3. Separate wallplate from new thermostat. Mount wallplate to wall with hardware
provided. Use level, if desired, and 3/16 in. drill bit in drywall or 7/32 in. drill bit in
plaster or wood.
4. Attach the system wires to matching screw terminals, using the label designations from step
2. NOTE: If you have wires for both O and B, stop installation and consult Installation
5. Mount the thermostat to wallplate - insert top and snap in the bottom.
6. Set the thermostat System switch to Heat or Cool and the system will operate at
the factory programmed settings. See Programming Quick Guide (reverse) to
Congratulations! You have finished installing your new Honeywell
programmable thermostat! For additional information refer to
Programming and Installation Instructions or www.honeywell.com/