Chapter 4. Troubleshooting
This chapter provides information about what to do if you experience problems with the dock.
1. The dock does not work after connected to a computer with the provided USB-C cable.
• Ensure that you use the ac power adapter, power cord, and USB-C cable that come with the dock.
Disconnect and reconnect each one to ensure that they work well. The dock always needs an
external power adapter for operation, because it does not take power from your computer.
• Ensure that the computer connector (USB-C or USB 3.1 connector) that the dock is connected to
• Ensure that the device driver of the dock is correctly installed on your computer; if not, install the
device driver and restart the computer.
2. The 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard or 2.4 GHz wireless mouse function is interrupted. The mouse
pointer lags or it cannot move. Some characters are lost when you input by the keyboard.
Ensure that you connect the 2.4 GHz device receiver to the USB 2.0 connector on the dock.
3. The charging speed becomes slow after I connect my device (such as a mobile phone) to the dock
Ensure that you connect your device to the Always On USB 3.1 connector Gen 2. Disconnect the dock
from the computer and the charging speed might become faster.
4. My mobile phones or other USB devices cannot be charged with the Always On USB 3.1
connector Gen 2 on the dock.
It is recommended that you disconnect the dock from the computer and then you can charge the mobile
phones or other USB devices.
5. The mouse and keyboard cannot wake up my computer when connected to the Always On USB
3.1 connector Gen 2 on the dock.
Ensure that your mouse or keyboard is connected to another USB connector (USB 2.0 connector
recommended) on the dock instead of the Always On USB 3.1 connector Gen 2.
6. The dock does not supply power to my computer after being connected to the computer with the
provided USB-C cable.
Ensure that you use the ac power adapter and the power cord that come with the dock.
1. The external display is blank.
• Ensure that the computer connected to the dock is running correctly and is not in sleep or hibernation
mode. When the computer is in sleep or hibernation mode, the external display is always blank.
• Ensure that you connect no more than two external displays at a time.
• Ensure that the device driver of the dock is correctly installed.
• Ensure that the following connections are correct:
– The connection between the dock, the USB-C cable, and the computer
– The connection between the dock, the ac power adapter, the power cord, and the electrical outlet
– The connection between the dock, your video cable, and the external display
© Copyright Lenovo 2018