Digital Cordless Audio Conferencing Unit Easy to use cordless conferencing unit, ideal for the home or office. Motorola AC1001C Warning: Charge the cordless audio conferencing unit for 24 hours before use.
Need help? If you have any problems setting up or using your AC1001C, please contact Customer Services on 1800 2700 361. Alternatively, you may find the answer in the ‘Help’ section at the back of this guide.
This User Guide provides you with all the information you need to get the most from your phone. Before you make your first call you will need to set up your phone. Follow the simple instructions in ‘Getting Started’, on the next few pages. IMPORTANT Only use the telephone line cord supplied.
1. Getting started ............7 2. Getting to know your phone ........10 3. Using the phone ............15 Switch the conferencing unit on / off ............15 Calls .......................15 3.2.1 Make a call ...................15 3.2.2 Preparatory dialling ................15 3.2.3 Make a call using fast call keys ............15 3.2.4 End a call .....................15 3.2.5...
Default settings ....................33 10. Using additional cordless units ......... 34 10.1 Registering an additional cordless unit ............34 10.2 Register a different make of cordless unit to your AC1001C base ....34 10.3 Select a base ....................35 10.4 De-register a cordless unit ................35...
11. Help ................36 12. General information ..........38...
Do not place your AC1001C in the bathroom or other humid areas. Location You need to place your AC1001C base within 1.5 metres of the mains power socket and telephone wall socket so that the cables will reach. The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
IMPORTANT Warning! Use only the approved rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack (1500mAh Ni-MH rechargeable battery pack) supplied with your AC1001C. BATTERY LOW WARNING icon is displayed on the screen, you must charge the conferencing unit before use it again.
3. Enter the date using the format YY/MM/DD e.g. 16/08/04 for 4 August 2016 and press Save. 4. Enter the time (HH:MM) and press Save. If the current time format setting is 12 hour, scroll to select or pm. 5. Press to return to standby. Your AC1001C is now ready for use. Getting started...
2. Getting to know your phone Overview of your conferencing unit A Speaker B Display See page 12 for an overview of the display icons. C Talk Make or answer a call. D Menu / OK / Left softkey In standby mode, press to open the Menu. Press to select menu options and to confirm a displayed option.
E Redial list / Scroll up / Volume up / Pause In standby mode, press to open the redial list. Scroll up through lists and menus. During a call, press to increase the earpiece and hands-free volume. When the phone is ringing, press to increase the conferencing unit ringer volume. Press and hold to enter a pause (P) when pre-dialling or storing numbers.
Conferencing unit LCD Display Steady when the conferencing unit is registered and within range of the base. Flashes when the conferencing unit is out of range or searching for base. Conferencing unit ringer is off. Keypad is locked. You have a voicemail message. You have missed calls.
Press and hold to enter registration mode when registering cordless units. Navigating the menu Your AC1001C has an easy to use menu system on the conferencing unit. Each menu has a list of options, which you can see on the menu map on the following page.
Menu map Calls Lists Dialling Mode Ringtone Ring Priority Delete Entry Missed Calls Recall Mode Fast Call Received Calls First Ring Dialled Calls Press Names during Delete Calls System PIN a call Master Reset Phonebook list is Date & Time displayed, select Options: Registration Time Format...
3. Using the phone NOTE Your conferencing unit will automatically time the duration of all external calls, the call timer will display on the screen. When the call ends, the total duration of your talk time is shown for 5 seconds. Switch the conferencing unit on / off Press and hold to switch the conferencing unit on or off.
Adjust the speaker volume During a call: Press to increase or decrease the volume. There are 8 levels to choose from. From standby: 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select. Set Handset is highlighted. Press Select. 3. Scroll Handfree Volume and press Select.
3.5.4 3-way conference call You can hold a 3-way conference call between 2 internal callers and 1 external caller. During a call with an external caller: 1. Press and hold followed by the number (1-4) that you want to establish a conference call.
3.6.3 Delete an entry 1. Press to open the Redial list. 2. Scroll to the entry you want and press Options. The display shows Show Details. 3. Scroll Delete Call. 4. Press Select to confirm or to cancel. Lock / unlock the keypad You can lock the keypad so that it cannot be operated accidentally while carrying it around.
Store a name and number If the AC1001C is connected to a switchboard, you may need to enter a pause in a number. This gives the switchboard time to find an outside line. A pause is normally stored after the switchboard access code (e.g.
CHARACTER MAP Case Assigned characters and symbols L / U . , - ? ! ’ @ : ; / 1 a b c 2 A B C 2 d e f 3 D E F 3 g h i 4 G H I 4 j k l 5 J K L 5...
To see the details, press Options. Show Details is highlighted. Press Select. The name, number and ringtone of the entry are displayed. 5. Press Dial to dial the displayed entry or press to return to standby. Search an entry 1. Press Names to enter the phonebook menu.
7. Press to return to standby. NOTE If an entry with the same number is already stored in the receiving cordless unit, it will not be copied. Assign a ringtone 1. Press Names to enter the phonebook menu. Search is highlighted. Press Select. The first entry is highlighted on the display. 2.
3. Enter the first letter of the name to search alphabetically then scroll to the exact entry, then press Options. 4. Scroll Fast Call, press Select. 5. Scroll Key X where the entry is stored, press Select. 6. Scroll Clear Entry, press Select to confirm.
5. Calls list If you have subscribed to Caller ID service, and provided the identity of the caller is not withheld, the number of the caller will be displayed together with the date and time of the call (if provided by the network). NOTES If the caller’s number is stored in your phonebook along with a name, the name will also be displayed.
View the details of an entry 1. Press Menu, the display shows Calls Lists, press Select. 2. Scroll to highlight the Calls list (Missed Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls) you want. 3. Press Select to confirm. The most recent number or name if stored in the phonebook is displayed.
Delete the entire Calls list 1. Press Menu, the display shows Calls Lists, press Select. 2. Scroll Delete Calls and press Select. 3. Scroll to highlight the Calls list (Missed Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls Calls) you want. 4. Display shows Delete All Calls ?.
7. Clock If you have subscribed to your network’s Caller ID service, the base automatically sets the date and time of all cordless units when you receive the first call. You can also manually set the time on the individual conferencing units. Set the date and time 1.
8. Conferencing unit settings Ringtone You can set different ringtones for external calls and internal calls. Select from 20 ringtones. You will hear a sample ring as you scroll to each ringtone. 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select. Set Handset is highlighted.
Name If you are using more than one cordless unit with the AC1001C base, you can give each cordless unit a personalised name to easily distinguish between cordless units. A name can be up to 10 characters long. 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select.
8.10 PABX access code If the AC1001C is connected to a switchboard, you may need to enter a one-digit access code in the dialling sequence to be able to connect to the outside line. The access code will be displayed at the beginning of a number on the screen. The code can be up to 4 digits long.
9. Base settings Dialling mode The AC1001C is preset to Tone dialling. It is unlikely that you need to change this setting. 1. Press Menu, scroll Settings and press Select. 2. Scroll Set Base and press Select. Dialling Mode is highlighted. Press Select.
It is advisable to make a note of your new PIN code and keep it somewhere safe. Restore default settings You can restore the AC1001C to its default (original) settings. Resetting the AC1001C will not affect the phonebook or Calls list, and all cordless units registered to the base will be retained.
Default settings Conferencing unit Name Handset Auto talk Ringer melody (EXT) Melody 3 Ringer melody (INT) Melody 1 Ringer volume Speaker volume Phonebook Unchanged Call list Unchanged Redial list Unchanged Recall Mode Recall 1 (300ms) Master PIN 0000 Clock Unchanged Dial mode Tone Base settings...
• The instructions described below apply specifically to the AC1001C cordless unit. If you wish to register another manufacturer’s cordless unit, the instructions may vary. In this case, please refer to the instruction manual of the additional cordless unit.
Follow the registration instructions given in your cordless unit’s user guide. 10.3 Select a base You can register the AC1001C conferencing unit with up to 4 bases. Once registered, you can switch between bases, for example, bases at home and at work. 1. Press Menu, scroll Registration and press Select.
PIN will default back to 0000. Cannot register a cordless unit to the base • You can register up to a maximum of 4 cordless units to a AC1001C base. You must de-register a cordless unit in order to register a new one. •...
The conferencing unit ringer volume may be set to off. Noise interference on my phone or on other electrical equipment nearby • Place your AC1001C at least one metre away from electrical appliances or any metal obstructions to avoid any risk of interference. Help...
12. General information IMPORTANT This equipment is not designed to make emergency telephone calls when the power fails. Alternative arrangements should be made for access to emergency services. This product is intended for connection to analogue public switched telephone networks and private switchboards in India.
Installation Guidelines • Read and understand all instructions and save them for future reference. • Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. • Do not install this product near a bath tub, sink, or shower. • Operate this phone using only the power source that is indicated on the marking label. If you are unsure of the power supply to your home, consult with your dealer or local power company.
(“SUNCORP”) What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, SUNCORP warrants that this Motorola branded product (“Product”) or certified accessory (“Accessory”) sold for use with this product that it manufactured to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for the period outlined below.
WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR SUNCORP BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE...
Your AC1001C has a REN of 1. A total REN of 4 is allowed. If the total REN of 4 is exceeded, the telephones may not ring. With different telephone types, there is no guarantee of ringing, even when the REN is less than 4.
<This page has been intentionally left blank>...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Suncorp Technologies Ltd., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.