Air Conditioner Features
Care and Cleaning
Air Directional Louvers
Air directional louvers control air flow direction. Your air conditioner has the louver
type described below.
The 4-Way air directional louvers allow you to direct air flow up or down, left or
right throughout the room as needed. To adjust the air directional louvers side-to-
side, use the center handle as you move it side-to-side.
Clean your air conditioner occasionally to keep it looking new. Be sure to unplug
the unit before cleaning to prevent shock or fire hazards.
Air Filter Cleaning
The air filter should be checked at least once a month to see if cleaning is necessary.
Trapped particles in the filter can build up and cause an accumulation of frost on
the cooling coils.
• Grasp panel from either side just below the air directional louvers and gently pull
to release the top edge of panel.
• Gently pivot the panel on its hinge.
• Grasp filter and remove. Snap panel back into place.
• Wash filter with warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly. Gently shake excess water
from filter. Be sure filter is thoroughly dry before replacing.
Instead of washing you may vacuum the filter clean.
• Open the panel as before and re-install the filter.
• Be sure to unplug the air conditioner to prevent shock or fire hazard. The cabinet and
front may be dusted with an oil-free cloth or washed with a cloth dampened in a
solution of warm water and mild liquid dishwashing detergent. Rinse thoroughly and
• Never use harsh cleaners, wax or polish on the cabinet front.
• Be sure to wring excess water from the cloth before wiping around the controls.
Excess water in or around the controls may cause damage to the air conditioner.
• The cabinet front can be removed for more thorough cleaning. Refer to "Front
Installation" in this manual.
• Clean the front in a sink using liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Rinse
thoroughly and dry.
• Replace cabinet front. Replace the screws.
• Replace front panel (if applicable) and filter. Plug in air conditioner.