We are grateful you chose KENWOOD for your personal mobile applications. We believe this easy-to-use
transceiver will provide dependable communications to keep personnel operating at peak efficiency.
KENWOOD transceivers incorporate the latest in advanced technology. As a result, we feel strongly that you will be
pleased with the quality and features of this product.
MODELS COVERED BY THIS MANUAL
The models listed below are covered by this manual:
• NX- 700: VHF DIGITAL TRANSCEIVER
• NX- 800: UHF DIGITAL TRANSCEIVER
Observe the following precautions to prevent fire, personal injury, and transceiver damage.
• Do not attempt to configure the transceiver while driving; it is too dangerous.
• Do not disassemble or modify the transceiver for any reason.
• Do not expose the transceiver to long periods of direct sunlight, nor place it near heating appliances.
• If an abnormal odor or smoke is detected coming from the transceiver, switch the transceiver power off immediately,
and contact your KENWOOD dealer.
• Use of the transceiver while you are driving may be against traffic laws. Please check and observe the vehicle
regulations in your area.
• Do not use options not specified by KENWOOD.
NOTICES TO THE USER
GOVERNMENT LAW PROHIBITS THE OPERATION OF UNLICENSED TRANSMITTERS WITHIN THE
TERRITORIES UNDER GOVERNMENT CONTROL.
ILLEGAL OPERATION IS PUNISHABLE BY FINE AND /OR INPRISONMENT.
REFER SERVICE TO QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS ONLY.
It is important that the operator is aware of, and understands, hazards common to the operation of any transceiver.
EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES (GASES, DUST, FUMES, etc.)
Turn OFF your transceiver while taking on fuel or while parked in gasoline service stations. Do not carry spare
fuel containers in the trunk of your vehicle if your transceiver is mounted in the trunk area.
INJURY FROM RADIO FREQUENCY TRANSMISSIONS
Do not operate your transceiver when somebody is either touching the antenna or standing within 2 to 3 feet
(60 to 90 cm) of it, to avoid the possibility of radio frequency burns or related physical injury.
DYNAMITE BLASTING CAPS
Operating the transceiver within 500 feet (150m) of dynamite blasting caps may cause them to explode.
Turn OFF your transceiver when in an area where blasting is in progress, or where 'TURN OFF TWO-WAY
RADIO' sighs have been posted. If you are transporting blasting caps in your vehicle, make sure they are carried
in a closed metal box with a padded interior. Do not transmit while the caps are being placed into or removed
from the container.
NX-700-K FCC ID: K44378600 / IC: 282F-378600
NX-800-K FCC ID: K44378700