Both color ink and black ink are also consumed in the standard cleaning and deep cleaning of the
print head, which may be necessary to maintain the performance of the printer. When ink runs out,
replace the FINE cartridge immediately with a new one.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
2. Open the scanning unit / cover.
The print head holder moves to the replacement position.
• Do not hold the FINE cartridge holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the FINE
cartridge holder until it stops completely.
• The inside of the printer may be stained with ink. Be careful not to stain your hands or clothing
when replacing the FINE cartridge. You can easily wipe off the ink from the inside of the printer
with tissue paper or the like.
• Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the printer.
• If the scanning unit / cover is left open for more than 10 minutes with the FINE cartridge
installed, the FINE cartridge holder moves to the right. In this case, close and reopen the
scanning unit / cover.
3. Remove the empty FINE cartridge.
1. Pinch the tabs and open the ink cartridge locking cover.