NOTE: Before attempting any convergence adjustments, the
receiver should be operated for at least fifteen
R CENTER CONVERGENCE ADJUSTMENT
1. Use the cross-dot pattern from among the built-in test
2. Set the brightness and contrast for well defined pattern.
3. Adjust two tabs of the 4-Pole Magnets to change the angle
between them (See figure 2.) and superimpose red
and blue vertical lines in the center area of the picture
4. Turn the both tabs at the same time keeping the angle
constant to superimpose red and blue horizontal lines at
the center of the screen.
5. Adjust two tabs of 6-Pole Magnets to superimpose red/
blue line and green one. Adjusting the angle affects the
vertical lines and rotating both magnets affects the
6. Repeat adjustments 3, 4, 5 keeping in mind red, green
and blue movement, because 4-Pole Magnets and 6-Pole
Magnets have mutual interaction and make dot movement
CONVERGENCE MAGNET ASSEMBLY
4-POLE MAGNETS MOVEMENT
INCLINE THE YOKE UP (OR DOWN)
Center Convergence by Convergence Magnets
Circumference Convergence by DEF Yoke
Figure 3. Dot Movement Pattern
R CIRCUMFERENCE CONVERGENCE ADJUSTMENT
1. Loosen the clamping screw of deflection yoke slightly to
allow the yoke to tilt.
2. Temporarily put a wedge as shown in figure 1. (Do not
remove cover paper on adhesive part of the wedge.)
3. Tilt front of the deflection yoke up or down to obtain better
convergence in circumference. (See figure 3.) Push the
mounted wedge into the space between picture tube and
the yoke to fix the yoke temporarily.
4. Put other wedge into bottom space and remove the cover
paper to stick.
5. Tilt front of the yoke right or left to obtain better convergence
in circumference. (See figure 3.)
6. Keep the yoke position and put another wedge in either
upper space. Remove cover paper and stick the wedge on
picture tube to fix the yoke.
7. Detach the temporarily mounted wedge and put it in an-
other upper space. Stick it on picture tube to fix the yoke.
8. After fixing three wedges, recheck overall convergence.
Tighten the screw firmly to fix the yoke and check the yoke
9. Stick three adhesive tapes on wedges as shown in figure
ADJUST THE ANGLE
ROTATE TWO TABS
AT THE SAME TIME
ADJUSTMENT OF MAGNETS
6-POLE MAGNETS MOVEMENT
INCLINE THE YOKE RIGHT (OR LEFT)
– 5 –