• If you do not intend to use set for a long time, remove the batteries.
• Do not expose the set to humidity, rain, sand or excessive heat caused by
heating equipment or direct sunlight.
• To clean your set, use a soft damp cloth or chamois leather. Do not use clean-
ing products, which contain benzene, thinner, etc. as these may harm the
We have reduced the packaging to its minimum using only paper and cardboard.
Your set consists of materials which can be recycled if disassembled by a
specialized company. Please observe local regulations to dispose of
packing materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
If a fault occurs, first check the points listed below before taking the set for repair.
If you are unable to remedy a problem by following these hints, consult your dealer or
WARNING: Under no circumstances should you try to repair the set yourself, as this
will invalidate the warranty. Do not open the set as there is a risk of
– Volume not adjusted
• Adjust the VOLUME
No display backlight / display malfunction/ radio and alarm do not
– Set is in Power Low mode
• Insert fresh batteries
Display error / no reaction to any controls
– Electrostatic discharge
• Press the RESET hole inside battery compartment of the set with a
Intermittent crackling sound during FM reception
– Weak signal
• Extend and position the pigtail aerial
The alarm does not function
– Alarm time/ mode not set
• See SETTING THE ALARM TIME
– Volume too low for radio
• Increase the volume
– RADIO not tuned to a radio station
• Tune to a station
Rattling sound. Is something loose ?
No. You will hear a slight rattling sound if you shake the set. This is perfectly normal
as the AJ3136 uses a special contact device inside the set to detect rotation.
The set complies with the FCC-Rules, Part 15.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference
that may cause undesired operation.