INTERFACE ADAPTER for iPod
Before using this adapter
1 Supported JVC car receivers
• This adapter supports the following JVC car receivers*
– Car receivers released in 2003 or later
– Car receivers equipped with MP3-compatible CD changer control
– Car receivers which can display CD Text, MP3 folder/ﬁ le names, or ID3 Tag
The receivers not mentioned in the list are not compatible for KS-PD100
2 If you are not sure about the control type of your receiver
• See the list of supported JVC car receivers and check the control type of your receiver.
3 Checking the type of your iPod
• You can control the following types of iPods through this adapter.
iPod with dock connector (3rd Generation)
iPod with Click Wheel (4th Generation)
– Before connecting the iPod with video (5th generation):
Though this adapter is not designed for use with the iPod with video, you can control your iPod with video through this adapter.
When connecting your iPod with video, make sure of the following:
• "JVC" which appears on the iPod's display while the iPod is connected with this adapter may not be shown in the proper size.
• No video shows on the iPod's display or the external monitor while the iPod is connected with this adapter. (Only the audio part
• It is not possible to browse video ﬁ les on the "Videos" menu while the iPod is connected with this adapter.
(If you connect the iPod during playback of a video ﬁ le or while pausing playback of a video ﬁ le, resuming playback will not
– The iPod shufﬂ e is not controllable.
– If your iPod software version is older than those mentioned above, you may not be able to control the iPod properly. Update your
iPod to the latest software version before using it with this adapter.
• You can check the software version of your iPod from "About" in the "Setting" menu on the iPod.
• For details about updating your iPod, check on the web site of Apple Computer, Inc. <http://www.apple.com>.
When you connect the iPod nano to this adapter, be sure to disconnect the headphones; otherwise, no sound is heard.
4 Notices on using this adapter
• You can control the iPod from the receiver when "JVC" or "✓" appears on the iPod's display after connecting the iPod to the
• The songs order displayed on the selecting menu of the receiver may differ from the order on the iPod.
• When operating the iPod through this adapter, the text information of the tracks, categories, etc. may not be correctly displayed
on the receiver.
• Folder/track numbers displayed on the receiver when setting the Random playback mode or operating the selecting menu may
differ from the numbers displayed on the iPod.
• If playback is stopped, select a track from the selecting menu or press the button which functions as the PLAY/PAUSE button.
• If the selecting menu is not displayed properly, change the display mode on the receiver.
• It may take about 5 seconds until the playback mode you select is activated.
• Names of tracks or information of categories may not be displayed properly when operating the selecting menu by using the ¢
• The list display function does not work properly for operating the iPod.
• The iPod's controls may not function properly depending on the status of the communication between this adapter and the iPod.
• In case the iPod does not work correctly after connecting with this adapter, disconnect the connection cable from the iPod, then
connect the cable again. If the iPod still does not work correctly, reset the iPod.
• It is recommended to use the remote controller for operating receivers whose control type is A, D, or E.
iPod software version 2.3 or later
iPod software version 3.1 or later
iPod mini software version 1.4 or later
iPod photo software version 1.2 or later
iPod nano software version 1.0 or later
Last update: 3 February 2006