To turn your phone off:
1. Press and hold the
the Device options screen displays.
2. Touch Power off to turn off the phone.
3. At the Power off prompt, touch OK.
Setting Up Your Device
When you first turn on your phone, you will need to set up a
1. The Welcome to AT&T Ready2Go! screen displays.
The default language for your device is English. If you
would like to select another language, touch English
and scroll up or down to select one of the listed
2. Touch the Accessibility box at the bottom of the
screen to modify any of the Accessibility functions if
you desire. For more information, refer to
"Accessibility" on page 190.
3. Touch Next and follow the instructions on each screen
to set up your device.
Power/Lock Key until
Creating a Samsung Account
An active Samsung account is required to begin accessing
applications such as ChatON and Samsung Link.
If you did not create a Samsung account during phone setup,
see "Signing In to Your Samsung Account" on page 204.
Creating a New Google Account
In order to utilize your device to the fullest extent, create a
Google Account when you first use your device. With a
Google Account, Google applications will always be in sync
between your phone and computer.
To create a new account:
1. From a Home screen, touch
The Add a Google Account screen displays.
2. Touch New to create a new Google account.
– or –
If you already have a Google account, touch Existing to
sign in and add the account to your phone.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to add a Google