C Installing the Batteries in the Remote Control
Install 2 AAA (1.5V) batteries matching the polarity
indicated inside battery compartment of the remote
Incorrect use of batteries can result in hazards such as
leakage and bursting. Please observe the following:
• Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or
rechargeable (ni-cad, ni-mh, etc) batteries.
• Do not mix new and old batteries together.
• Do not use different kinds of batteries together.
Although they may look similar, different batteries may
have different voltages.
• Make sure that the + and - ends of each battery match
the indications in the battery compartment.
• Remove batteries from battery compartment, when the
remote is not going to be used for a month or more.
• When disposing of used batteries, please comply with
governmental regulations or environmental public rules
that apply in your country or area.
• Do not recharge, short-circuit, heat, burn or disassemble
C Using the Remote Control
Remote Control Usage Guidelines:
• Make sure that there are no obstacles between the
remote control and the infrared sensor window on the
• Remote operation may become unreliable if strong
sunlight or fluorescent light is shining on the infrared
sensor window of the unit.
• Remote controls of different devices can interfere with
each other. Avoid using a remote control from another
device which is located close to the unit.
• Replace the batteries when you notice a fall-off in the
operating range of the remote control.
• The maximum operable ranges from the unit are as
– Line of sight:
approx. 23 feet (7 m)
– Either side of the center:
approx. 16 feet (5 m) within 30°
approx. 16 feet (5 m) within 15°
approx. 10 feet (3 m) within 30°
16 feet (5 m) 23 feet (7 m) 16 feet (5 m)
3.4. Guide to On-Screen Display
C Home Menu
When you turn on the unit, the Home Menu will appear
automatically. Otherwise, press [ Q (home)].
Videos: Accesses the Video menu
Music: Accesses the Music menu
Photos: Accesses the Photo menu
Home Network: Accesses the DLNA Server menu
Browse Net TV: Accesses the Network Services
Setup: Accesses the Setup Menu
C Setup Menu
2. Menus / Options :
Displays options for the highlighted item on the left
C Play Menu
During playback, press [ OPTIONS U ] to display the play
e.g.) Blu-ray Disc™
Playback Information Window
1ENG DTS-HD MSTR Multi