SAFETY PRECAUTION! IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE! This service information is intended for individuals possessing adequate backgrounds of electrical, electronic, and mechanical experience. Any attempt to repair this appliance may result in personal injury or property damage. The manufacturer or seller can not be responsible for the interpretation of this information, nor can it assume any liability in connection with its use.
2. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS 2-1. HOW TO ADJUST LEVEL Installation area Checking level Install the washer on a firm, flat • Open the lid, check if the washer is • surface. correctly leveled by looking down If the washer is installed on an •...
Horizontal setting Distance between the drain hose and the wall Lift the front of the washer and adjust • level by turnings the adjustable legs Distance between the drain hose and • clockwise or using the adjusting plate. the wall should be more than 4 inches (10 cm), and the distance between any other part and the wall should be more than 1 inches (2.5 cm)
2-2. CONNECTING WATER SUPPLY HOSE Before connecting the Water Supply Hose to the water tap, check the hose type and then choose the correct instruction here under. Screw Type Attach the water supply hose to the tap. Push the water supply hose up so that the rubber packing Water tap within the hose can adhere completely to the tap.
2-3. CONNECT THE DRAIN HOSE • Connect the drain hose to the • Attach the clip to the drain hose. • Check that the drain hose is hung outlet of the drain pump located at And then push it toward the body of up over the edge of the laundry tub.
3. OPERATING INSTRUCTION 3-1. IDENTIFICATION OF PARTS HOT WATER SUPPLY Powder detergent HOSE Box for delayed washing/softener additves box COLD WATER SUPPLY HOSE Make sure the water does not leak. POWER PLUG If the supply cord is damaged, it must be INLET HOLE FOR replaced by the BLEACH...
Use nylon bag nets for long, DELICATES items. For laundry with long strings or long length, a bag will prevent tangling during washing. Fasten zippers, hooks, and strings to make sure that these items don't snag on other clothes. ※ The nylon washing bag is not supplied by LG.
Using Water Water Temperature • The machine sets the appropriate temperature automatically according to the wash program . You can override the preset selection by pressing the WASH/RINSE temperature. button. • The temperature of the water impacts the effectiveness of all laundry additives and therefore, the cleaning results. •...
Loading the dispenser The detergent dispenser drawer of the washing machine has a dispenser compartment for each detergent type. Add the appropriate detergents into its respective compartments. 1 Pull out the detergent dispenser drawer. 2 Add the appropriate detergent to its allocated compartment. - If you use a liquid detergent, check if the liquid detergent cup is in Main Wash place.
Liquid Bleach Compartment This compartment holds liquid chlorine bleach, which will be dispensed automatically at the proper time during the wash cycle. Avoid overfilling or splashing when adding bleach to the dispenser. The maximum capacity of the bleach dispenser is one cup of bleach per wash cycle. Overfilling could result in premature dispensing of bleach, which will result in fabric damage.
Stain Removal STAIN TREATMENT Adhesive tape, chewing Apply ice. Scrape off excess. Place stain face down on paper towels. Saturate with gum, rubber cement prewash stain remover or nonflammable dry cleaning fluid. Baby formula, dairy Use product containing enzymes to pretreat or soak stains. products, egg Beverages (coffee, tea, soda, Pretreat stain.
3-3. FUNCTION OF EACH BUTTON POWER LOAD SENSING It operates in all program. Power on. During being detected by the sensor, the LOAD Push again, power goes off SENSING LED flashes. Power goes off automatically after the wash is It automatically sensing the quantity of laundries. finished.
FABRIC START/ PAUSE BUTTON SOFTENER Causes the Use to start or pause the wash cycle. dispensing of Changes while be made to the wash fabric softener in settings while the machine is the final rinse paused. cycle. Repeats start and pause by pushing the button.
3-5. CARE AND MAINTENANCE When there is the possibility of freezing temperatures • Close the water taps and remove the water supply hoses. • Remove the water which remains in the water supply. • Lower the drain hose and drain the water in the sump and the drain hose by running a spin cycle. If frozen •...
4-2. DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCION ▶ Be sure to unplug the power to repair and replace electric parts. CAUTION FOR ELECTROSATICS Be sure to make earth connection for trouble diagnosis and parts replacement. If impossible, touch earth wire on the body to remove electric deviation between the body and product before work.
2) Disassembly of Power Cord, Inlet Valve ASM, D.T Housing ASM and Inlet Valve Pressure Switch. ① Disassemble back panel. ② Disconnect three connectors ans disassemble the Pipe power cord. ③ Remove two pipe fixing screws and three inlet valve screws.
4) Disassembly of Back cover, Drain Pump. ① Remove back cover fixing screws then disassemble the back cover. ② Disconnect the leads and the drain hose-p from the drain pump. ③ Remove the pump fixing screws and the connector hose disassemble the drain pump. Pump fixing screw Leads Drain Hose-p...
6) Replacement of Rotor & Stator ① Disassemble rotor nut with boxer(M18) or spaner. (In assembled, the force is over than 200kgf.cm) ② Disassemble rotor, pull out the rotor as shown the figure. Fixing Bolt ③ Disconnect fixing screw and disassemble the water guide.
SNAP RING. ⑤ Loosen the 6 fixing screws on the stator. (Lower upper position screws) ⑥ Check the direction of SNAP RING. (The handle of snap ring is toward to rotor and stator.) ⑦ Preventing fallen the stator, tighten with one hand and then loosen the last screw.
4-3. TEST RUNNING WITHOUT WATER 1) SAFETY CAUTION ·The main power board assembly has exposed live 120 VAC and live DC voltages. Use care when disconnecting connectors during troubleshooting and testing. (Wear electrostatic discharge gloves when handling the board. ·Unplug the power when handling the board assembly. (Wear electrostatic discharge gloves when handling the board.
4-4. TROUBLESHOOTING BY COMMON WASHING PROBLEMS Many washing problems involve poor soil and stain removal, residues of lint and scum, and fabric damage. For satisfactory washing results, follow these instructions. NOTE: NEVER use bar soap in the washing machine. WASHING PROBLEM Problems Possible Causes Solutions and Preventive Measures...
4-5. TROUBLE SHOOTING METHODS ACCORIDNG TO ERROR MESSAGE ▶ For more detailed information for trouble shooting refer to page 42 to 51. ERROR DECISION CAUSE FOR ERROR ERROR REMEDY BASIS OCCURRENCE WATER ·WATER LEVEL ·Water faucet is closed? ·Open water faucet. SUPPLY dose not rise to Wait until water supply is...
ERROR DECISION CAUSE FOR ERROR ERROR REMEDY BASIS OCCURRENCE PRESSURE ·Pressure switch has a ·Check the connections at the ·Reseat the connector. SENSOR bad connection or the pressure switch and at the switch has failed. BLUE 4-pin connector at the main board.
4-6. HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND REPAIR BY SYMPTOM 1) Washer is not energized. Where, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Household Power supply 1. Check the cord, plug, and outlet. Poor Electrical defect. Repair or replace as necessary.
2) Defects on displaying funcion 2) Defects on displaying funcion When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Main voltage 1. Measure voltage at wall outlet. Expect 120 VAC ± Low voltage If incoming line voltage is 10%.
4) Water doesn’t come into the wash tub. When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Inlet Valve 1. If you hear the valve noise but get no water, check to see if the water is turned No water coming off outside the house.
5) Water fills continuously of intermittently When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Wrong Installation/Leakage 1. Check to see that the drain hose is Drain hose is fallen Incorrect installation. Install the drain hose in a properly installed in a standpipe.
6) Display "LE" message and doesn't work When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair 1. LE error code appears. 1) Check the hall sensor, as shown. Gray-White Hall sensor DC 15V Correct reading. assembly Brown Defective...
7) Water does not drain. When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Drain Pump 1. Can you hear the drain pump running? Drain pump is blocked by NOTE: There is no place to foreign objects.
8) Water drains when it should not When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Drain Hose 1. Verify the drain hose is inserted in a Discharge height Incorrect installation. Insert the drain hose in a standpipe or drain that is 0.9 ~ 1.2 m incorrect.
11) Vibration, Noise or Unbalance Error happens during spin. When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair Using conditions such as installation etc. Not leveled. Incorrect installation. Level the washer. 2. Verify the load is not unbalanced, Laundry is Rearrange items in the tub causing vibration and noise.
12) Power is automatically turned off during operation or immediately turning on the power button. When, what, and how to check Result of Check Possible Cause How to repair & settle Auto Power Relay or Controller 1. It would be defect of the controller if Automatically tumed Change the controller.
(2) Sensor inaccuracy Problems Result of Check How to repair ① Contamination on the sensor causes ·The difference between the sensing One of these should repair this. inaccurate readings. value measured from the supplied Clean the electrode of the sensor. Reset the sensor by entering and exiting water by a jig and the sensor value of the test mode.