GENERAL usAGE GuIDE
It is very important that your car be clean and dry before applying wax. Any wax protection will wear
longer and protect better if applied directly to the paint.
A good quality liquid wax is recommended because of its ease of application, but a paste wax will
also work with a little more effort. Hard paste wax, however, should be applied by hand, then removed
using this unit.
Always use the bonnet recommended for each step (directions follow) to achieve the best results.
Any areas inaccessible to the waxer/polisher should be waxed and finished by hand.
CAUTION: TO AVOID THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• MAKE SURE THE POLISHER IS IN THE OFF POSITION BEFORE PLUGGING THE POLISHER INTO AN
APPROPRIATE POWER OUTLET.
• Place the power cord over your shoulder to avoid contact with the polisher head or the surface while
the unit is running.
• Always start and stop waxer/polisher on or against the work surface. If you turn the waxer/polisher
ON without the applicator bonnet touching your work surface, the bonnet may fly loose and cause
injury or property damage. Make sure the waxer/polisher with bonnet securely attached is lightly
resting on the surface you intend to polish at all times when the Power Switch is in the ON position.
• Use only manufacturer-supplied bonnets with this unit.
step 1: surface preparation
1. Wash your car or surface thoroughly to remove all dirt and oil. Pay special attention to areas that
attract excessive layers of dirt such as, areas around wheel wells and next to bumpers.
2. After washing, move the car or surface you're working on to a dry area out of direct sunlight and
allow the surface to dry and cool.
step 2: Wax Application
1. With the foam pad facing up, securely attach the smooth Wax Applicator
Bonnet (bonnet with the plastic liner), making sure the bonnet is centered
on the foam head.
2. Apply wax directly on the Wax Applicator Bonnet, adequately covering the
entire bonnet, and also spread a small amount of wax to the bonnet edges.
3. Invert the waxer/polisher and place the bonnet directly on the surface you
want to apply the wax to before sliding the Power Switch to the ON
You can also substitute a good grade of cleaning compound at this step if the surface is
4. Slide the Power Switch to the ON position and steer the waxer/polisher in
long sweeping strokes in a criss-cross figure-eight pattern, working the
wax/cleaner into the surface.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT APPLY PRESSURE TO THE UNIT. The weight of the
polisher is adequate to do the task correctly.
5. Apply more wax to the bonnet as necessary to maintain a thin even coat on
the surface being polished.
Applying more wax than necessary adds no more protection to the surface and makes the
Step 3 (wax removal) more difficult.
It' s easiest to apply wax to the entire surface before starting the removal phase. For best results, refer to the specific application
recommendations of the wax product being used.
step 3: Wax Removal
1. With the foam pad facing up, securely attach the terry cloth Wax Removal Bonnet (double-sided
bonnet without the plastic liner), making sure the bonnet is centered on the foam head.
2. Invert the waxer/polisher and place the bonnet directly on the surface you want to remove the wax
from before sliding the Power Switch to the ON position.
3. Slide the Power Switch to the ON position and follow the same long sweeping strokes in a
criss-cross figure-eight motion previously described, gliding the polisher over the surface, again
permitting the weight of the unit to do the work.
4. Occasionally it becomes necessary to remove the bonnet and shake out the dried polish residue
to avoid streaking. Make sure the polisher is lightly resting on the surface and remains on the
surface when stopping the unit and before powering up the unit again.
5. After removing the wax from all the major flat surfaces, use the edge of the pad to reach curved or
step 4: Finish polishing
1. With the foam pad facing up, securely attach the foam-padded smooth cloth Polishing Bonnet,
making sure the bonnet is centered on the foam head.
2. Invert the waxer/polisher and place the bonnet directly on the surface you want to polish before
sliding the Power Switch to the ON position.
3. Slide the Power Switch to the ON position and follow the same figure-eight motion described
previously, gliding the polisher over the surface, again permitting the weight of the unit to do the
4. Small areas, such as near and around mirrors, should be finished by hand.
cARE AND MAINTENANcE
Self lubricating bearings are used in this tool and periodic relubrication is not required. However, it is
recommended that, once a year, you take or send the tool to a service center for a thorough cleaning
and inspection. Refer to the "Service Information" section of this Instruction Manual.
All three bonnets can be safely cleaned by hand washing in warm soapy water. Allow bonnets to fully
dry before use.
Plastic parts may be wiped clean with a soft damp cloth. NEVER use solvents when cleaning any
plastic part as this may damage the finish. DO NOT IMMERSE THE WAXER OR ATTACHED FOAM PAD
Store the waxer in a "pad-up" position to prevent the attached foam pad from compressing or being
set in a wrong position.
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from your local dealer. If you need
assistance regarding accessories, please contact manufacturer at 1-877-571-2391.
WARNING: The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this appliance could be
Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the
manufacturer at 1-877-571-2391.
FuLL ONE-YEAR HOME usE WARRANTY
The manufacturer warrants this product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period
of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser ("Warranty
If there is a defect and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, the defective product can
be replaced or repaired in the following ways: (1) Return the product to the retailer where product
was purchased for an exchange (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns to retailer
should be made within the time period of the retailer's return policy for exchanges only (usually 30
to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with the retailer for their
specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges. (2) Return the
product to the manufacturer for repair or replacement at manufacturer's option. Proof of purchase
may be required by manufacturer.
This warranty does not apply to accessories, bulbs, fuses and batteries; defects resulting from normal
wear and tear, accidents; damages sustained during shipping; alterations; unauthorized use or repair;
neglect, misuse, abuse; and failure to follow instructions for care and maintenance for the product.
This warranty gives you, the original retail purchaser, specific legal rights and you may have other
rights which vary from state to state or province to province. This product is not intended for
5/15/2011 7:11:56 PM