• USB External HDD/Flash disk:
• The wireless router works with most USB HDDs/Flash disks up to 2TB and supports
read-write access for FAT16, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3 and NTFS.
• To safely remove the USB disk, launch the web GUI (http://192.168.1.1), then in
the Network Map page > External USB disk status > Safely Remove disk field,
• Incorrect removal of the USB disk may cause data corruption.
• For the list of file system and hard disk partitions that the wireless router supports,
• For the list of printers that the wireless router supports, visit
Positioning your wireless router
For the best wireless signal transmission between the wireless router and the network
devices connected to it, ensure that you:
Place the wireless router in a centralized area for a maximum wireless coverage for the
Keep the device away from metal obstructions and away from direct sunlight.
Keep the device away from 802.11g or 20MHz only Wi-Fi devices, 2.4GHz computer
peripherals, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, transformers, heavy-duty motors,
fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other industrial equipment to
prevent signal interference or loss.
For the best front-to-rear coverage, place the wireless router in an upright position.
For the best up-and-down coverage, place the wireless router in an inclined position.
Always update to the latest firmware. Visit the ASUS website at
http://www.asus.com to get the latest firmware updates.