Exposure compensation is used to alter exposure from the value suggested
by the camera to make pictures brighter or darker.
Press the multi selector I (exposure
• The exposure compensation menu is displayed.
Use the multi selector to adjust expo-
• When the picture is too dark: adjust the exposure
compensation to "+" side.
• When the picture is too bright: adjust the exposure
compensation to "-" side.
• Exposure compensation can be set to values
between -2.0 and +2.0 EV.
• The I icon and compensation value are displayed
in the monitor.
• The monitor will return to the normal display for the
current mode if the setting is not applied by press-
ing d within five seconds.
• The exposure compensation applied in L mode or
high-sensitivity shooting mode is stored in the camera's memory even after the
camera is turned off.