Refrigerator user manual imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing this Samsung product. Free Standing Appliance 2015. 11. 5. 5:08 DA68-02952B-03.indb 1...
OPERATING YOUR FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR …………………………………… 18 TROUBLESHOOTING ………………………………………………………………………… 35 safety information SAFETY INFORMATION Do NOT attempt. Before using your new Samsung French Door Do NOT disassemble. Refrigerator, please read this manual thoroughly to ensure that you know how to operate the features Do NOT touch.
- This may result in an electric shock or fire. WARNING • Never unplug your refrigerator by pulling on the power cord. STATE OF CALIFORNIA Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet. PROPOSITION 65 WARNING - Damage to the cord may cause a short-circuit, (US ONLY) fire, and/or electric shock.
- Always make sure that you have grounded the WARNING refrigerator before attempting to investigate or repair any part of the appliance. CRITICAL USAGE WARNINGS Power leakages can cause severe electric shock. • Do not insert the power plug into a •...
• If you experience difficulty changing a non-LED • Do not damage the refrigerant circuit. light, contact a Samsung service energy. • Do not spray volatile material such as • If the product is equipped with LED Lamps, do insecticide onto the surface of the appliance.
3rd party on this contact your nearest service center. finished appliance are not covered - There is a risk of electric shock or fire. under Samsung warranty service, nor is Samsung responsible for safety issues that result from 3rd party modifications.
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR WARNING PROPER USAGE CRITICAL DISPOSAL • In the event of a power failure, call the local WARNINGS office of your Electricity Company and ask how long it is going to last. • DANGER : Risk of child entrapment. - Most power failures that are corrected in an Before you throw away your old hour or two will not affect your refrigerator...
Saving Energy Tips - Install the appliance in a cool, dry room with adequate ventilation. Ensure that it is not exposed to direct sunlight and never put it near a direct source of heat (a radiator, for example). - Not to block any vents and grilles is recommended for energy efficiency.
Setting up your French Door Refrigerator GETTING READY TO INSTALL THE REFRIGERATOR Congratulations on your purchase of the Samsung refrigerator. We hope you enjoy the state-of-art features and efficiencies that this new appliance offers. Selecting the best location for the...
REMOVING THE CAUTION REFRIGERATOR DOORS When moving your refrigerator For some installations, you need to remove the To prevent floor damage, be sure the front fridge doors and freezer drawer so you can adjusting legs are in the up position (above the move the refrigerator to its final location.
2. Disconnect the two connectors ( 2 ) on the WARNING left side door. To remove the water coupler from the hinge, twist and pull it from the hinge. Disassembling the refrigerator doors Remove the water line ( 3 ) while pressing the Be careful not to drop and scratch the doors while marked part ( 4 ) of the water line coupler.
5. Remove the screw ( 8 ) attached to the DISASSEMBLING THE FLEX lower left and right door hinges with a philips DOOR screwdriver (+). Remove the 2 hex head bolts ( 9 ) attached to the lower left and right door hinges with an allen wrench (3/16”).
4. Remove 1 hex head bolt from each side with a DISASSEMBLING THE socket wrench (10 mm). FREEZER DOOR 1. Take out the upper drawer by lifting it up. 2. Remove the freeze room guard ( 1 ) by lifting the guard up.
5. Holding the top of the Freezer Drawer, pull it RE-ASSEMBLING THE out all the way, and then remove it from the rail FREEZER DOOR system. To reattach the drawer after you have moved the fridge to its final location, assemble the parts in reverse order.
MAKING MINOR INSTALLING THE WATER ADJUSTMENTS TO THE DISPENSER LINE DOORS A water dispenser with a filter is one of the helpful features on your new refrigerator. To help promote Remember, a leveled refrigerator is necessary better health, the water filter removes unwanted for getting the doors perfectly even.
Connecting to the water supply line Connecting the water supply line to the refrigerator. 1. First, shut off the main water supply. There are several items that you need to purchase to complete this connection. You may find these items sold as a kit at your local hardware store.
2. Tighten the compression nut ( A ) onto the COMPLETING THE SET UP compression fitting. Now that you have your new refrigerator installed Do not over-tighten the compression nut ( A ). in place, you are ready to set up and enjoy the features and functions of the appliance.
Operating your French Door Refrigerator USING THE CONTROL PANEL ( 2 ) The Alarm button serves two purposes: Alarm/ - To turn the door open alarm on and off Filter - To reset the water filter life indicator. Reset (3sec) 1) Door Alarm Function ( 4 ) ( 1 )
( 4 ) ( 6 ) Fridge/ The Fridge button serves two purposes: Ice Maker The Ice Maker Off button serves two Power - To set the Fridge to your desired Off/ purposes: Cool temperature. Control - To turn the Ice maker on and off (3sec) - To turn the Power Cool function on Lock...
DO NOT use Lever, the Panel Display will turn on again. generic brands of water filters Except for the Energy Saver, Water, and in your SAMSUNG Refrigerator. Cubed/Crushed Ice buttons, all function USE ONLY SAMSUNG BRAND buttons will become operational after you (Red) WATER FILTERS.
( 3 ) and dry around of case filter ( 2 ). http://www.samsungparts.com Be sure the replacement water filter has ( 2 ) the SAMSUNG logo on the box and on the water filter. ( 3 ) Removing any residual matter inside the water supply line after installing the water filter.
Reverse Osmosis Water Supply CONTROLLING THE IMPORTANT : The pressure of the water supply TEMPERATURE coming out of a reverse osmosis system going to the water inlet valve of the refrigerator needs to be Basic temperature of Freezer and between 35 and 120 psi (241 and 827 kPa). Refrigerator Compartments If a reverse osmosis water filtration system is connected to your cold water supply, the water...
- If there is a communication error between the Display and Main Controller, the Convertible Display light may blink. If the blinking continues for a long period of time, please contact a Samsung Electronics Service Center. English - 23 2015. 11. 5. 5:08...
If There is a Power Failure If a power failure occurs, ice cubes may melt then check freeze together when the power comes back on, the water causing the dispenser to be out of order. level To prevent this problem, after a power failure, pull out the ice bucket and discard the residual ice or water.
Water clouding phenomenon All water provided to the refrigerator flows through the core filter which is an alkaline water filter. In the filtering process, the pressure of the water that has flowed out of the filter is increased, and the water becomes saturated with oxygen and nitrogen.
When the door opens, the interlock switch automatically turns off the auger motor in the ice maker for safety reasons. If the interior or exterior LED lamp has gone out, please contact Samsung Customer Support. English - 26 2015. 11. 5.
USING THE FLEX ZONE Flex Zone Modes 1. When “Wine/Party Dishes” is selected, The Flex Zone is a full-width drawer with an the temperature of the Flex Zone will be kept adjustable temperature control. You can use the around 42 °F (5 °C). This feature helps keep Flex Zone for large party trays, deli items, wines, food fresh for a long time.
REMOVING THE Injuries can occur if the door bins are not firmly connected to the doors. REFRIGERATOR Do not allow children to play with the bins. ACCESSORIES Sharp corners of the bins may cause injury. 1. Door Bins • Door Bins (1), Moving tray Bins (3) To remove - Simply lift the bin up and pull straight out.
How to use the Multi Supporter 2. Tempered Glass shelves 1. When not in use, leave the Multi Supporter To remove - Tilt up the front of the shelf in the flipped over as shown in the diagram. direction shown ( 1 ) and lift it up vertically ( 2 ). Pull the shelf out.
• Tilt up the front of the drawer and pull straight 2. Turn over the drawer to remove the metal towards you. Then, move the drawer slightly cooling plate. in the direction of the arrow in the illustration below, and then pull out. CAUTION To re-install The Drawer and Metal cooling plate are heavy.
Lower the drawer into place until it is horizontal and slide the Drawer ( 3 ) in. CLEANING THE REFRIGERATOR Caring for your Samsung French Door Refrigerator ( 4 ) ( 3 ) prolongs its life and helps keep it free of odor and germs.
Cleaning the Exterior Cleaning the Rubber door seals Wipe the control panel and digital display with If the rubber door seals are dirty, the doors may a damp, clean, soft cloth. Do not spray water not close properly, and the refrigerator will not directly on the surface of the refrigerator.
FOOD STORAGE TIPS Foods Refrigerator Freezer Storage Tips DAIRY PRODUCTS Butter 2-3 Weeks 6-9 Months Wrap or cover tightly. Check date code. Most milk and similar prod- ucts are sold in date-coded cartons that indicate Milk 1-2 Weeks Not recommended a products’s peak freshness.
Foods Refrigerator Freezer Storage Tips FISH AND SHELLFISH Fish Fatty Fish (mack- 1-2 Days 2-3 Months Keep in original wrapper and store in coldest part of erel, trout, salmon) refrigerator. Package in vapor-proof and moisture Lean Fish (cod, proof wrap for freezer. Freeze at 0 ºF(or -18 °C ). 1-2 Days 6 Months flounder, etc)
Troubleshooting PROBLEM SOLUTION The refrigerator • Check if the power plug is properly connected. • Check if the set temperature on the digital display is warmer than the freezer or fridge does not work inner temperature. If it is, set the freezer or fridge to a colder temperature. at all or it •...
PROBLEM SOLUTION Frost forms on • Is the air vent blocked? the walls of the Remove any obstructions so air can circulate freely. freezer. • Allow sufficient space between the stored foods for efficient air circulation. • Is the freezer drawer closed properly? If the freezer drawer is not completely closed or is blocked, humidity from outside may enter and cause severe frost to form.
Samsung authorized service center. Samsung will repair or replace any part found to be defective, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts during the limited warranty period specified above. All replaced parts and products become the property of Samsung and must be returned to Samsung.
In case the need for servicing arises Do not hesitate to call any Samsung Authorized Service Center nearby giving them your name, address and telephone number when your product is not functioning properly. Warranty Information (CANADA) Limited Warranty for Original Purchaser This Samsung product is warranted by Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
memo 2015. 11. 5. 5:09 DA68-02952B-03.indb 39...
How-to Videos and Live Shows * Requires reader to be installed on your smartphone Contact SAMSUNG WORLD WIDE If you have any questions or comments relating to Samsung products, please contact the SAMSUNG customer care center. Country Contact Center Web Site Subsidiaries office address Samsung Electronics America, Inc.