Safety Precautions and Maintenance
FOR OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE, PLEASE NOTE THE
FOLLOWING WHEN SETTING UP AND USING
• DO NOT OPEN THE MONITOR. There are no user serviceable parts inside and
opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous shock hazards or other
risks. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
• Do not spill any liquids into the cabinet or use your monitor near water.
• Do not insert objects of any kind into the cabinet slots, as they may touch danger-
ous voltage points, which can be harmful or fatal or may cause electric shock, fire
or equipment failure.
• Do not place any heavy objects on the power cord. Damage to the cord may
cause shock or fire.
• Do not place this product on a sloping or unstable cart, stand or table, as the
monitor may fall, causing serious damage to the monitor.
• Keep the monitor away from high capacity transformers, electric motors and other
devices such as external speakers or fans, which may create strong magnetic
• If possible, position the monitor so that it is facing the east to minimize the effects
of the earth's magnetic field.
• Changing the direction of the monitor while it is powered on may cause image
discoloration. To correct this, turn the monitor off for 20 minutes before powering
it back on.
• When operating the AccuSync with its AC 220-240V worldwide power supply,
use a power supply cord that matches the power supply voltage of the AC power
outlet being used. The power supply cord you use must have been approved by
and comply with the safety standards of your country.
• In UK, use a BS-approved power cord with molded plug having a black (5A) fuse
installed for use with this monitor. If a power cord is not supplied with this monitor,
please contact your supplier.
Immediately unplug your monitor from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified
service personnel under the following conditions:
• When the power supply cord or plug is damaged.
• If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into the monitor.
• If the monitor has been exposed to rain or water.
• If the monitor has been dropped or the cabinet damaged.
• If the monitor does not operate normally by following operating instructions.
• Allow adequate ventilation around the monitor so that heat can properly
dissipate. Do not block ventilated openings or place the monitor near a
radiator or other heat sources. Do not put anything on top of monitor.
• The power cable connector is the primary means of detaching the system
from the power supply. The monitor should be installed close to a power
outlet which is easily accessible.
• Handle with care when transporting. Save packaging for transporting.
5/14/01, 11:22 AM