When not in use
• If you will not be using the TV set for several days, the TV set
should be disconnected from the AC power (mains) for
environmental and safety reasons.
• As the TV set is not disconnected from the AC power (mains)
when the TV set is just turned off, pull the plug from the AC
power outlet (mains socket) to disconnect the TV set
• However, some TV sets may have features that require the TV
set to be left in standby to work correctly.
• Do not allow children to climb on the TV set.
• Keep small accessories out of the reach of children, so that they
are not mistakenly swallowed.
If the following problems occur...
Turn off the TV set and unplug the AC power cord (mains lead)
immediately if any of the following problems occur.
Ask your dealer or Sony service centre to have it checked by
qualified service personnel.
AC power cord (mains lead) is damaged.
Poor fitting of AC power outlet (mains socket).
TV set is damaged by being dropped, hit or having something
thrown at it.
Any liquid or solid object falls through openings in the cabinet.
About LCD Monitor Temperature
When the LCD Monitor is used for an extended period, the panel
surrounds become warm. You may feel hot when touching there
by the hand.
Viewing the TV
• View the TV in moderate light, as viewing the TV in poor light or
during long period of time, strains your eyes.
• When using headphones, adjust the volume so as to avoid
excessive levels, as hearing damage may result.
(3D compatible models only)
• Some people may experience discomfort (such as eye strain,
fatigue, or nausea) while watching 3D video images or playing
stereoscopic 3D games. Sony recommends that all viewers take
regular breaks while watching 3D video images or playing
stereoscopic 3D games. The length and frequency of necessary
breaks will vary from person to person. You must decide what
works best. If you experience any discomfort, you should stop
watching the 3D video images or playing stereoscopic 3D
games until the discomfort ends; consult a doctor if you believe
necessary. You should also review (i) the instruction manual of
any other device or media used with this television and (ii) our
website (http://www.sony-asia.com/support) for the latest
information. The vision of young children (especially those
under six years old) is still under development. Consult your
doctor (such as a pediatrician or eye doctor) before allowing
young children to watch 3D video images or play stereoscopic
3D games. Adults should supervise young children to ensure
they follow the recommendations listed above.
• Do not use, store, or leave the 3D Glasses or battery near a fire,
or in places with a high temperature, e.g., in direct sunlight, or
in sun-heated cars.
• Although the LCD screen is made with high-precision
technology and 99.99% or more of the pixels are effective, black
dots may appear or bright points of light (red, blue, or green)
may appear constantly on the LCD screen. This is a structural
property of the LCD screen and is not a malfunction.
• Do not push or scratch the front filter, or place objects on top of
this TV set. The image may be uneven or the LCD screen may be
• If this TV set is used in a cold place, a smear may occur in the
picture or the picture may become dark. This does not indicate a
failure. These phenomena disappear as the temperature rises.
• Ghosting may occur when still pictures are displayed
continuously. It may disappear after a few moments.
• The screen and cabinet get warm when this TV set is in use. This
is not a malfunction.
• The LCD screen contains a small amount of liquid crystal. Follow
your local ordinances and regulations for disposal.
Handling and cleaning the screen surface/
cabinet of the TV set
Be sure to unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) connected to
the TV set from AC power outlet (mains socket) before cleaning.
To avoid material degradation or screen coating degradation,
observe the following precautions.
• To remove dust from the screen surface/cabinet, wipe gently
with a soft cloth. If dust is persistent, wipe with a soft cloth
slightly moistened with a diluted mild detergent solution.
• Never spray water or detergent directly on
the TV set. It may drip to the bottom of the
screen or exterior parts and enter the TV set,
and may cause damage to the TV set.
• Never use any type of abrasive pad, alkaline/acid cleaner,
scouring powder, or volatile solvent, such as alcohol, benzene,
thinner or insecticide. Using such materials or maintaining
prolonged contact with rubber or vinyl materials may result in
damage to the screen surface and cabinet material.
• Periodic vacuuming of the ventilation openings is
recommended to ensure to proper ventilation.
• When adjusting the angle of the TV set, move it slowly so as to
prevent the TV set from moving or slipping off from its table