• Before transporting the TV set, disconnect all cables.
• Two or three people are needed to transport a large TV set.
• When transporting the TV set by hand, hold it as shown below.
Do not put stress on the LCD panel and the frame around the
• When transporting the TV set, do not subject it to jolts or
• When transporting the TV set for repairs or when moving, pack
it using the original carton and packing material.
• Never cover the ventilation holes or insert anything in the
• Leave space around the TV set as shown below.
• It is strongly recommended that you use a Sony Wall-Mount
Bracket in order to provide adequate air circulation.
Installed on the wall
Leave at least this space around the set.
Installed with stand
Leave at least this space around the set.
• To ensure proper ventilation and prevent the collection of dirt or
Do not lay the TV set flat, install upside down, backwards, or
Do not place the TV set on a shelf, rug, bed or in a closet.
Do not cover the TV set with a cloth, such as curtains, or items
such as newspapers, etc.
Do not install the TV set as shown below.
Air circulation is blocked.
AC power cord (mains lead)
Handle the AC power cord (mains lead) and outlet (mains socket)
as follows in order to avoid any risk of fire, electrical shock or
damage and/or injuries:
Insert the plug fully into the AC power outlet (mains socket).
Operate the TV set on a 220 V - 240 V AC supply only.
When wiring cables, be sure to unplug the AC power cord
(mains lead) for your safety and take care not to catch your feet
on the cables.
Disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead) from the AC power
outlet (mains socket) before working on or moving the TV set.
Keep the AC power cord (mains lead) away from heat sources.
Unplug the AC power plug (mains plug) and clean it regularly. If
the plug is covered with dust and it picks up moisture, its
insulation may deteriorate, which could result in a fire.
• Do not pinch, bend, or twist the AC power cord (mains lead)
excessively. The core conductors may be exposed or broken.
• Do not modify the AC power cord (mains lead).
• Do not put anything heavy on the AC power cord (mains lead).
• Do not pull on the AC power cord (mains lead) itself when
disconnecting the AC power cord (mains lead).
• Do not connect too many appliances to the same AC power
outlet (mains socket).
• Do not use a poor fitting AC power outlet (mains socket).
Do not install/use the TV set in locations, environments or
situations such as those listed below, or the TV set may
malfunction and cause a fire, electrical shock, damage and/or
• Outdoors (in direct sunlight), at the seashore, on a ship or other
vessel, inside a vehicle, in medical institutions, unstable
locations, near water, rain, moisture or smoke.
• If the TV is placed in the changing room of
a public bath or hot spring, the TV may be
damaged by airborne sulfur, etc.
• For best picture quality, do not expose the screen to direct
illumination or sunlight.
• Avoid moving the TV from a cold area to a warm area. Sudden
room temperature changes may cause moisture condensation.
This may cause the TV to show poor picture and/or poor colour.
Should this occur, allow moisture to evaporate completely
before powering the TV on.
• Places that are hot, humid, or excessively dusty; where insects
may enter; where it might be exposed to mechanical vibration,
near flammable objects (candles, etc). The TV set shall not be
exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the TV.
• Do not place the TV in a humid or dusty
space, or in a room with oily smoke or
steam (near cooking tables or
humidifiers). Fire, electric shock, or
warping may result.
• Do not install the TV in places subject to extreme temperature,
such as in direct sunlight, near a radiator or a heating vent. The
TV may overheat in such conditions which can cause
deformation of the enclosure and/or TV malfunction.
• Do not use when your hands are wet, with the cabinet removed,
or with attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
Disconnect the TV set from AC power outlet (mains socket) and
antenna (aerial) during lightning storms.
• Do not install the TV so that it sticks out
into an open space. Injury or damage
from a person or object bumping into
the TV may result.