• Do not throw anything at the TV set. The screen glass may break
by the impact and cause serious injury.
• If the surface of the TV set cracks, do not touch it until you have
unplugged the AC power cord (mains lead). Otherwise electric
shock may result.
When not in use
• If you will not be using the TV set for several days, the TV set
should be disconnected from the AC power (mains) for
environmental and safety reasons.
• As the TV set is not disconnected from the AC power (mains)
when the TV set is just turned off, pull the plug from the AC
power outlet (mains socket) to disconnect the TV set
• However, some TV sets may have features that require the TV
set to be left in standby to work correctly.
• Do not allow children to climb on the TV set.
• Keep small accessories out of the reach of children, so that they
are not mistakenly swallowed.
If the following problems occur...
Turn off the TV set and unplug the AC power cord (mains lead)
immediately if any of the following problems occur.
Ask your dealer or Sony service centre to have it checked by
qualified service personnel.
AC power cord (mains lead) is damaged.
Poor fitting of AC power outlet (mains socket).
TV set is damaged by being dropped, hit or having something
thrown at it.
Any liquid or solid object falls through openings in the cabinet.
About LCD Monitor Temperature
When the LCD Monitor is used for an extended period, the panel
surrounds become warm. You may feel hot when touching there
by the hand.
Viewing the TV
• View the TV in moderate light, as viewing the TV in poor light or
during long period of time, strains your eyes.
• When using headphones, adjust the volume so as to avoid
excessive levels, as hearing damage may result.
• Although the LCD screen is made with high-precision
technology and 99.99% or more of the pixels are effective, black
dots may appear or bright points of light (red, blue, or green)
may appear constantly on the LCD screen. This is a structural
property of the LCD screen and is not a malfunction.
• Do not push or scratch the front filter, or place objects on top of
this TV set. The image may be uneven or the LCD screen may be
• If this TV set is used in a cold place, a smear may occur in the
picture or the picture may become dark. This does not indicate a
failure. These phenomena disappear as the temperature rises.
• Ghosting may occur when still pictures are displayed
continuously. It may disappear after a few moments.
• The screen and cabinet get warm when this TV set is in use. This
is not a malfunction.
• The LCD screen contains a small amount of liquid crystal. Follow
your local ordinances and regulations for disposal.
Handling and cleaning the screen surface/
cabinet of the TV set
Be sure to unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) connected to
the TV set from AC power outlet (mains socket) before cleaning.
To avoid material degradation or screen coating degradation,
observe the following precautions.
• To remove dust from the screen surface/cabinet, wipe gently
with a soft cloth. If dust is persistent, wipe with a soft cloth
slightly moistened with a diluted mild detergent solution.
• Never spray water or detergent directly on
the TV set. It may drip to the bottom of the
screen or exterior parts and enter the TV set,
and may cause damage to the TV set.
• Never use any type of abrasive pad, alkaline/acid cleaner,
scouring powder, or volatile solvent, such as alcohol, benzene,
thinner or insecticide. Using such materials or maintaining
prolonged contact with rubber or vinyl materials may result in
damage to the screen surface and cabinet material.
• Periodic vacuuming of the ventilation openings is
recommended to ensure to proper ventilation.
• When adjusting the angle of the TV set, move it slowly so as to
prevent the TV set from moving or slipping off from its table
Keep optional components or any equipment emitting
electromagnetic radiation away from the TV set. Otherwise
picture distortion and/or noisy sound may occur.
Wireless Function of the unit
• Do not operate this unit near medical equipment (pacemaker,
etc.), as malfunction of the medical equipment may result.
• Although this unit transmits/receives scrambled signals, be
careful of unauthorised interception. We cannot be responsible
for any trouble as a result.
Caution about handling the remote control
• Observe the correct polarity when inserting batteries.
• Do not use different types of batteries together or mix old and
• Dispose of batteries in an environmentally friendly way. Certain
regions may regulate the disposal of batteries. Please consult
your local authority.
• Handle the remote control with care. Do not drop or step on it,
or spill liquid of any kind onto it.
• Do not place the remote control in a location near a heat source,
a place subject to direct sunlight, or a damp room.