Download  Print this page

Built-In Microwave Oven Safety - KitchenAid KMBS104 Use & Care Manual

Hide thumbs

Advertisement

BUILT-IN MICROWAVE OVEN SAFETY
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety
messages.
This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.
All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word "DANGER" or "WARNING."
These words mean:
You can be killed or seriously injured if you don't immediately
follow
instructions.
You can be killed or seriously injured if you don't follow
instructions.
All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you what can
happen if the instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
WARNING:
To reduce the risk of burns, electric shock,
fire, injury to persons, or exposure to excessive microwave
energy:
• Read all instructions before using the microwave oven.
• Read and follow the specific "PRECAUTIONS
TO AVOID
POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO EXCESSIVE
MICROWAVE
ENERGY" found in this section.
• The microwave oven must be grounded. Connect only to
properly grounded outlet. See "GROUNDING
INSTRUCTIONS"
found in this section and in the provided
Installation Instructions.
• Install or locate the microwave oven only in accordance
with the provided Installation Instructions.
• Some products such as whole eggs in the shell and sealed
containers - for example, closed glass jars - are able to
explode and should not be heated in the microwave oven.
• Use the microwave oven only for its intended use as
described in the manual. Do not use corrosive chemicals or
vapors in the microwave oven. This type of oven is
specifically designed to heat, cook, or dry food. It is not
designed for industrial or laboratory use.
• As with any appliance, close supervision
is necessary
when used by children.
• Do not operate the microwave oven if it has a damaged
cord or plug, if it is not working properly, or if it has been
damaged or dropped.
• The microwave oven should be serviced only by qualified
service personnel. Call an authorized service company for
examination,
repair, or adjustment.
• Do not cover or block any openings on the microwave oven.
• Do not store this microwave oven outdoors. Do not use the
microwave oven near water - for example, near a kitchen
sink, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, or similar
locations.
• Do not immerse cord or plug in water.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter.
• See door surface cleaning instructions in the "Microwave
Oven Care" section.
• To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
- Do not overcook food. Carefully attend the microwave
oven when paper, plastic, or other combustible materials
are placed inside the oven to facilitate cooking.
- Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags before
placing bags in oven.
- If materials inside the oven ignite, keep oven door closed,
turn oven off, and disconnect the power cord, or shut off
power at the fuse or circuit breaker panel.
- Do not use the cavity for storage purposes. Do not leave
paper products, cooking utensils, or food in the cavity when
not in use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS

Advertisement

Table of Contents
loading

  Also See for KitchenAid KMBS104

  Related Manuals for KitchenAid KMBS104