Unplugging the SCB-2408-D Device
The SCB-2408-D, when installed, needs to be properly unplugged or
disconnected from the computer to avoid computer to crash or possible
Follow these steps to safely unplug your SCB-2408-D drive from the
notebook or PC if you are using Windows operating system.
1. Locate the Unplug or Eject
Hardware icon found in the
Double-click on the icon.
2. Select the name of the hardware device
("ASUS SCB-2408-D"), to unplug.
3. Confirm the device to be stopped.
Again, select the name of the
device you want to unplug.
4. The device can now be safely
unplugged from the system.
5. The screen display will go back to the Unplug or Eject Hardware
dialogue box. Click on Close.
For Mac users, make sure the drive is idle before disconnecting the
device. Close all files and applications using the SCB-2408-D drive.
1. Drag the device icon to the Trash.
2. Unplug the connector from the USB or Firewire port.
ASUS SCB-2408-D User Manual
Disconnecting the drive while in use may damage the data
files and/or the drive.