INSTALLING/REMovING CoMBINATIoN FILTER
1. Turn off and unplug the unit.
2. Press the Lock & Release Button and remove the Rear Cover from the unit.
3. Remove the used Combination Filter (Filter Z) and dispose of it in the garbage.
4. Insert new Combination Filter into the unit. Consult the arrow on the filter for
correct installation direction.
5. Reattach the Rear Cover of the unit and securely latch into place.
6. After replacing filter, select the FILTER RESET control button to restart the reminder system.
CLEANING & MAINTAINING
THE CoMBINATIoN FILTER
The air purifier should be cleaned at least once every month and the outer Pre-/
Charcoal Filter attached to the HEPAFresh Filter should be cleaned every month. More
frequent cleaning may be required depending on environmental conditions.
Remove the Pre-/Charcoal Filter from the velcro strips on the HEPAFresh
Clean with the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner. This will remove lint and dirt.
After cleaning, reattach the Pre-/Charcoal Filter to the HEPAFresh
Remove the Combination Filter from the back of unit.
Remove the Pre-/Charcoal Filter to expose the HEPA Filter.
When the HEPA Filter turns from white to grey or black it should be replaced with a
new one. If the HEPA Filter is still white, it does NOT need to be replaced.
Do NOT try to wash and re-use the Combination Filter. Please contact
Customer Service at 1.855.260.5566 or visit us at www.BlackandDecker.com to purchase
a replacement filter.
Replacement filter: FILTER Z (BXFLTZ)
: The Combination Filter is one filter. The multiple layers include: the Pre-/Charcoal
Filter and the
Use a clean, dry, soft cloth to wipe the external surface of the unit.
: Do NOT stick any foreign objects or your fingers inside of the unit.
: Do NOT use gasoline, benzine, thinner, harsh cleaners, etc. on
and/or in the unit while cleaning as they will damage the product.
NEVER use alcohol or other solvents.
Filter. (Fig. A)