User’s Guide ® Wearable Smart Device with HD Camera and Wi-Fi Internet Viewing Model: SCOUT5000 The features described in this User's Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Pet Camera GPS Antenna Speaker Tracking - locate the dog’s position Two way communication Geo Fencing - notifies you when the Status Indicator LED dog leaves the virtual fence. Lights up in solid green when it is Wide Angle Camera powered on.
How the Pet Camera works ® The Wi-Fi and mobile network enabled Pet Camera is integrated with a wide-angle 720p resolution camera, GPS, speaker and more. It offers a quick and easy way for you to track the location of your dog, to see what they're doing and receive notifications when they escape from the virtual fence.
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................6 2. System Requirements ................7 3. Basic Setup ....................8 Charging the Pet Camera................8 Attaching the Adjustable Strap to the Pet Camera ........8 Fitting the Pet Camera on your Dog’s Neck ..........9 Powering the Pet Camera On/Off ............
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: As with any electrical device, supervision of your pet's usage should be exercised until your pet is acclimated to the product. If your pet is prone to chewing, we strongly recommend that you keep this and all other electrical devices out of its reach.
2. System Requirements Web Portal ® • Windows ® • Mac OS 10.7 • Chrome™ 24 • Internet Explorer® 9 ® • Safari • Java™ 7 ® • Firefox 18.0 ® ® • Adobe Flash Player 15.0 Android™ System • Version 4.2 or above ®...
3. Basic Setup Charging the Pet Camera It takes about 6 hours to fully charge the battery pack prior to initial use. 1. Connect the power adapter to an electrical outlet and insert the plug into the micro USB socket on the Pet Camera. Only use the supplied power adapter (5V DC / 1000mA) with the Micro USB plug.
2. Put the strap over your dog’s neck, centering the Pet Camera underneath its neck and making sure that the Motorola logo is upright facing you. 3. String the end of the strap through the strap buckle. 4. Pull the end of the strap until the desired level of...
Powering the Pet Camera On/Off To power on the Pet Camera, press and hold the POWER KEY approximately 3 seconds. The LED lights up in solid green and a melody is played. To power off the Pet Camera, press and hold the POWER KEY approximately 3 seconds until a melody is played.
4. Connecting Devices How does it work? Access your View your Camera from Pet Camera Camera locally. any compatible device remotely. ® Wi-Fi Router Hubble Service When a user tries to access the Camera, the Hubble server will authenticate the user’s identity before it grants access to the Camera.
User Account and Camera Setup on Android™ Devices What you need • Pet Camera • Pet Camera Power Adapter • Device with Android™ system version 4.2 and above 4.1.1 Download Hubble for Petcam App • On your Android™ device, go to Google Play™ Store to search for "Hubble for Petcam".
4.1.4 Adding the Pet Camera to the Account • Tap on the top right corner of the screen to add camera. • The App will automatically search for the Pet Camera. • Tap to select the Pet Camera (PetCamera-xxxxxxxxx). ® •...
® User Account and Camera Setup on iOS Devices What you need • Pet Camera • Pet Camera Power Adapter ® • Any iOS Device with iOS version 7.0 and above 4.4.1 Download Hubble for Petcam App ® • On your iOS device, go to the App Store to search for "Hubble for Petcam".
4.4.4 Adding the Camera to the Account • Tap on the top right corner of the screen to add camera. • The Pet Camera will automatically establish a Bluetooth connection with your ® device. Once the connection is established, follow the onscreen instructions.
5. Overview of the Features in Hubble App Modes of Operation The Pet Camera supports 3 modes of operation: ® ® • Wi-Fi Local (smart device connects to Pet Camera via local Wi-Fi Access Point) ® ® • Wi-Fi Direct (smart device connects directly to Pet Camera via Wi-Fi •...
Two-way Communication (see Section 5.2) Communicate with your dog or hear what he has to say with the two-way communication feature. Geo Fencing (see Fence Settings in Section 5.3) Geo Fencing is a virtual boundary you can set up in the Hubble for Petcam app. There are 3 predefined areas you can choose from.
® Wi-Fi Local Mode As long as the Pet Camera is on the home Wi-Fi network, you can check on your dog from anywhere you have an internet connection. In this mode, you can take pictures, record videos and send reward or warning messages to your dog via the 2-way communication feature.
® Wi-Fi Direct Mode Want to take your dog for a walk or go to the dog park and still be able to take pictures or video? Simply connect via Wi-Fi Direct while on your home network and off you go! In this mode, you can use the GPS location tracking function to see where you are going on the map view.
Tap to take a photo , record a video Take Photo/ from your Pet Camera or activate torch function Record Video/ (the white LED light on the Pet Camera will Activate Torch light up). Function > Track to track the location of your pet. Location Note Tracking and...
Mobile Connection Mode Away from home? That’s not a problem at all! The Pet Camera will automatically switch to mobile mode to connect to your smart device. While you can’t view live video in this mode, you can still take pictures and videos of what your dog is seeing.
Location > Track to activate location tracking. Note Tracking and The user's location is identified by a blue dot. Geo Fencing Location tracking will be based on the mobile network first (with a wider tolerance, which depends on the mobile network density), then by GPS satellite (with minimum tolerance).
5.4.1 Free 1-year Subscription for Mobile Network Connection The Pet Camera comes with a free 1-year subscription for mobile network connection. The free subscription offers you 150 pings per month over 12 months after the Pet Camera has been activated. A ping is a communication request with the Pet Camera over the mobile network.
Camera Settings • Run Hubble for Petcam App on your smart device and log into your Hubble account. • If you have more than 1 Pet Camera in your account: ® For iOS Devices, tap Devices to select a camera from the camera list For Android Devices, tap >...
• Recorded voice message Tones and • Recorded reward tones Voice Message • Warning tone Notifications • Fence breach voice message Note There are three pre-recorded messages. You can replace these pre-recorded messages by recording your own messages, which can be voice messages or any other sounds, e.g.
Memory Check memory available on the Pet Camera. Battery Level Check battery level on the Pet Camera. Updates Shows the status of the software application. Logout Tap to logout of the Hubble account. Overview of the Features in Hubble App...
Account Settings and About • Run Hubble for Petcam App on your smart device and log into your Hubble account. ® • For iOS Devices, tap Account For Android Devices, tap > Account • You can modify the following settings: Profile Username: shows current username E-mail: shows current user e-mail...
Reset or remove a Pet Camera from your Hubble Account If your Pet Camera is moved from one router (e.g. home) to another (e.g. office) or you have setup issues, then the Pet Camera must be unregistered from the current router. •...
6. App and Firmware Upgrades App Upgrade You can find the latest version of Hubble App by visiting your mobile device’s app store (e.g.: iTunes App Store, Google Play ). From there, you can see what's new with the app and install the latest version. Occasionally, Hubble Server will send you notifications that a newer version of the Hubble app is now available.
7. Disposal of the Device (Environment) At the end of the product’s life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
8. Cleaning and Care • Check your dog’s neck area for irritation and wash neck weekly. • Every effort has been made to ensure high standards of reliability of your Pet Camera. However, if something does go wrong, please do not try to repair it yourself –...
What do I do if I forget my Click on the "Forgot Password" link password? on the website http:// www.hubbleconnected.com/ motorola/login/ OR on your Android™ or iOS application. An e-mail will be sent to your registered e-mail address. Account I did not receive a new 1.
Connectivity I get a message: We are 1. Please try again in a few Issues having problems minutes. This could be due accessing your Camera. to an issue with your This could be due to the internet connection. lack of an internet 2.
General What is the significance of A flashing LED indicates the LED flashing? following status: Slow flashing: 1. Your Pet Camera is in setup mode. You can add the Pet Camera to your account in this mode. Out of the box, the Pet Camera is in Setup mode.
General How do I download the Android™: Application for Android™ - Open the Google Play Store on and iOS devices? your Android™ device - Select Search - Type "Hubble for Petcam" - The results will show the Hubble for Petcam App - Select to install it iOS Device: - Open the App Store...
US and Canada 1-888-331-3383 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
FCC, ACTA and Industry Canada (IC) regulations WARNING Changes or modifications to this equipment not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. NOTE This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules.
12. Technical Specifications ® Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Image sensor Color CMOS 1M Pixels Lens f = 2.3mm, F = 2.4 5 colors Power Adapter Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 300mA Output: 5V DC, 1000mA Technical Specifications...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. Apple logo and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.