Nokia 515 RM-953 Nokia 515 Dual SIM RM-952 Version 1.0 1) For disassembling you need the Nokia Standard toolkit version 2. You will also need the camera removal tool SS-276 and the SIM door key. 2) Protect the A-COVER with protective film.
3) Push the SIM door key to the shown hole in the bottom end of the device to release the B-COVER. 4) Use the SRT-6 to release the bottom end of the B-COVER completely.
5) Lift up the bottom end of the B-COVER and remove it. 6) Lift up the BATTERY from the shown place and remove it.
7) Unscrew the two shown Torx+ size 4 screws in the order shown. 8) Start to relase the A-COVER by opening the shown clip on the bottom end of the device with the SRT-...
9) Open the five clips on the left side of the device holding the A-COVER with the SRT-6. 10) Release also the five clips on the right side of the device with the SRT-6. The A-COVER can then be separated.
11) Protect the DISPLAY with protective film. 12) Protect also the other side of the A-COVER window with the protective film.
13) Push in the two shown clips holding the KEYMAT with the SS-93. Then carefully push the KEYMAT to the direction shown and remove it. 14) Unscrew the four shown Torx+ size 4 screws in the order shown.
15) Open the two shown clips holding the D-COVER with the SRT-6. 16) The D-COVER can now be separated.
17) Use the SS-93 to open the DOME SHEET connector. Be careful not to damage the connector or any components nearby. 18) Use the SS-93 to release the DOME SHEET. It is not reusable, discard it after removal.
19) Open the DISPLAY connector with the SS-93. Be careful not to damage the connector or any components nearby. 20) Use the SS-93 to open the two shown clips holding the UI SHIELDING.
21) Release also the clip on the bottom end. The ENGINE BOARD and the UI SHIELDING can now be separated. 22) To remove the DISPLAY, first insert the dental tool to the shown place. Carefully open one corner of the DISPLAY. Be careful not to injure yourself with the sharp end of the dental tool.
23) Continue to release the DISPLAY by slowly pushing the SS-93 under it. Remove the DISPLAY. 24) Release the EARPIECE with the dental tool and remove it. Do not use it again. Discard it. If the EARPIECE ADHESIVE stays on the UI SHIELDING, remove and discard it also.
25) Place the CAMERA removal tool SS-276 on top of the CAMERA as shown. Push and hold the button on the SS-276 to lock it to camera. 26) Lift up the SS-276 and the CAMERA. Remove the CAMERA.
27) Open the SIM2 CONNECTOR with the SS-93. Be careful not to damage the connector or any components nearby. Remove the SIM2 CONNECTOR. Note that this step is for Nokia 515 Dual SIM variant only! 28) Use the dental tool to lift up the IHF SPEAKER. Do not use the IHF SPEAKER again. Discard it.
29) Remove also the IHF SPEAKER GASKET and discard it. 30) Release the shown side of the ANTENNA MODULE with the SRT-6.
31) Then push in the clips on the opposite side with the SS-93. Remove the ANTENNA MODULE. 32) Push the CAMERA LENS out with the SS-93 and remove it.
Service Manual Level 1 and 2 Assembly hints Nokia 515 RM-953 Nokia 515 Dual SIM RM-952 Version 1.0 1) When placing the ANTENNA MODULE, place the shown clip of the ANTENNA MODULE to the D-COVER first. 2) Then press the ANTENNA MODULE to attach the three shown clips.
3) Slide the DISPLAY under the two shown hooks on the UI SHIELDING. Then press the DISPLAY carefully to activate the adhesive. 4) Push the KEYMAT to the A-COVER as shown to get the two shown clips on place.
5) Then attach the six shown clips. 6) Fasten the four Torx+ size 4 screws to the torque of 16Ncm in the order shown.