Installation Instructions for the
RF3224 RF Receiver
1.0 General Information
The RF3224 RF Receiver allows the use of wireless
devices when using the D6412 Control Panel.
Table 1: Specifications
10.8 cm x 15.2 cm x 3.1 cm
(4.25 in. x 6.0 in. x 1.2 in.)
(H x W x D)
0 C to +65 C (+32 F to +150 F)
For UL Listed requirements, the temperature
range is 0 C to +49 C (+32 F to +120 F)
12 VDC, 30 mA, nominal
D6412, D4412, DS7240, and DS7220
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC
Rules and the RSS-210 of Industry and
Science Canada. Operation is subject to:
The device not causing harmful
The device accepting any interference
received, including interference that may
cause undesirable operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly
approved by Bosch Security Systems can void
the user's authority to operate the equipment.
• Whenever possible, mount the receiver centrally to all
• Mount the receiver vertically with at least 25 cm
(10 in.) clearance above it for the antennas.
• Avoid mounting the receiver in areas with significant
metal or electrical wiring, such as furnace rooms and
utility rooms. If unavoidable, mount the receiver with
the antennas extending above any metal surface.
• Avoid mounting the receiver in areas where it may be
exposed to moisture.
• Reception distances are generally improved with
higher mounting locations and with no metal objects
near the antennas.
Wall Tamper Setup
To enable the wall tamper switch, follow the procedure
below. If not using the wall tamper, go to Section 3.3
Mounting the Receiver.
1. Remove the receiver's outer cover and set it aside (see
Figure 1: Removing the Outer Cover
1 - Insert screwdriver here and press in.
2. Press the latch to remove the inner cover (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Removing the Inner Cover
1 - Cover tamper
2 - Press latch to remove inner cover.
3. Move the wall tamper jumper as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Wall Tamper Jumper
1 - Wall tamper jumper
2 - Wall tamper disabled (default position)
3 - Wall tamper enabled (jumper left on pin for storage only)
4. Replace the inner cover.
5. Place the spring from the hardware packet over the
shaft of the tamper switch located on the back of the
receiver (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Installing the Tamper Spring
1 - Rear of receiver
Note: Gently press the spring onto the tapered shaft. Do not
force it down onto the shaft.
Mounting the Receiver
1. Determine the mounting location of the receiver.
2. If not already done, remove the outer cover from the
receiver and set it aside (see Figure 1).
3. Place the receiver base on the wall at the desired
mounting location and mark the two mounting holes
(see Figure 5).
4. Drill holes and install anchors (supplied), if necessary.
5. Secure the receiver base to the wall with screws
6. Insert an antenna into the outside terminal on two of
the antenna connectors as shown in Figure 6. Tighten
screws to secure the antennas.