2. Press the latch to remove the inner cover (see Figure 2).
Installation Instructions for the
RF3224 RF Receiver
Figure 2: Removing the Inner Cover
1.0 General Information
The RF3224 RF Receiver allows the use of wireless
devices when using the D6412 Control Panel.
Table 1: Specifications
1 - Cover tamper
10.8 cm x 15.2 cm x 3.1 cm
2 - Press latch to remove inner cover.
(4.25 in. x 6.0 in. x 1.2 in.)
(H x W x D)
0 C to +65 C (+32 F to +150 F)
3. Move the wall tamper jumper as shown in Figure 3.
For UL Listed requirements, the temperature
range is 0 C to +49 C (+32 F to +120 F)
Figure 3: Wall Tamper Jumper
12 VDC, 30 mA, nominal
D6412, D4412, DS7240, and DS7220
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC
Rules and the RSS-210 of Industry and
Science Canada. Operation is subject to:
The device not causing harmful
1 - Wall tamper jumper
The device accepting any interference
2 - Wall tamper disabled (default position)
received, including interference that may
3 - Wall tamper enabled (jumper left on pin for storage only)
cause undesirable operation.
4. Replace the inner cover.
Changes or modifications not expressly
approved by Bosch Security Systems can void
5. Place the spring from the hardware packet over the
the user's authority to operate the equipment.
shaft of the tamper switch located on the back of the
receiver (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Installing the Tamper Spring
• Whenever possible, mount the receiver centrally to all
• Mount the receiver vertically with at least 25 cm
(10 in.) clearance above it for the antennas.
• Avoid mounting the receiver in areas with significant
metal or electrical wiring, such as furnace rooms and
utility rooms. If unavoidable, mount the receiver with
the antennas extending above any metal surface.
• Avoid mounting the receiver in areas where it may be
exposed to moisture.
• Reception distances are generally improved with
1 - Rear of receiver
higher mounting locations and with no metal objects
Note: Gently press the spring onto the tapered shaft. Do not
near the antennas.
force it down onto the shaft.
Wall Tamper Setup
Mounting the Receiver
To enable the wall tamper switch, follow the procedure
1. Determine the mounting location of the receiver.
below. If not using the wall tamper, go to Section 3.3
2. If not already done, remove the outer cover from the
Mounting the Receiver.
receiver and set it aside (see Figure 1).
1. Remove the receiver's outer cover and set it aside (see
3. Place the receiver base on the wall at the desired
mounting location and mark the two mounting holes
Figure 1: Removing the Outer Cover
(see Figure 5).
4. Drill holes and install anchors (supplied), if necessary.
5. Secure the receiver base to the wall with screws
6. Insert an antenna into the outside terminal on two of
the antenna connectors as shown in Figure 6. Tighten
screws to secure the antennas.
1 - Insert screwdriver here and press in.