2. HANDLING COMPACT DISCS MOISTURE CONDENSATION On a rainy day or in a very damp area, moisture may condense on the lenses inside the unit. Should this occur, the unit will not operate properly. In such a case, remove the disc and wait for about an hour until the moisture has evaporated.
3. INSTALLATION Before finally installing the unit, connect the wiring temporarily and make sure it is all connected up properly and the unit and system work properly. Use only the parts included with the unit to ensure proper installation. The use of unauthorized parts can cause malfunctions.
Removing the unit Trim Plate Installation: Push the trim plate against the chassis until it is fitted. You must do this before you install the front panel, otherwise it can't be attached. DIN REAR-MOUNT (METHOD B) Installation using the screw holes on the sides of the unit. Fastening the unit to the factory radio mounting bracket.
4. DETACHABLE CONTROL PANEL (D.C.P .) Removing The Detachable Control Panel (D.C.P .). PANEL RELEASE BUTTON Attaching the DCP CAUTION DO NOT insert the D.C.P from the left side. Doing so may damage it. The D.C.P can easily be damaged by shocks. After removing it, place it in a protective case and be careful not to drop it or subject it to strong shocks.
5. WIRING DIAGRAM FUSE 20-PIN AUDIO/POWER HARNESS (See Figure 1) Figure 2 ISO CONNECTOR 4PIN+8PIN FEMALE WITH MALE TERMINAL ISO CONNECTOR WIRING CHART WIRE COLOR FUNCTION/LABEL YELLOW BATTERY(+) BLUE POWER ANTENNA IGNITION(ACC) BLACK GROUND VIOLET RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (+) VIOLET/BLACK RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (-) GREY RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER (+)
6.PANEL OPEN/CLOSE OPERATION (MOTORIZED SLIDE DOWN VERSION) This unit is equipped with the most advanced full logic motorized slide down system. You can enjoy this advance technology with just a single press of the “OPEN” button Please read the following instructions carefully before operating the unit.
7. BASIC OPERATIONS 1) PANEL RELEASE BUTTON (REL) Press this button to remove the control panel. 12)POWER ON/OFF BUTTON Press this button long to turn on or off the power. In VFD button short press this button to toggle dimmer function. This will change the brightness of VFD and there are three levels of brightness can be selected.
8. AUDIO OPERATIONS 10)ENCODER VOLUME BUTTON Turn this knob to adjust desired volume level. 5) AUDIO BUTTON Press this button to select desired audio function. ORDER OF FUNCTION: VOLUME(VOL) -> BASS(BAS) -> TREBLE(TRE) ->BALANCE(BAL) ->FADER(FAD) While the selected function is displayed, turn Volume Knob to adjust the level within 5 seconds, otherwise the unit will return to volume adjustment mode.
9. RADIO OPERATIONS 11) AUTO MEMORY STORE/PRESET SCAN BUTTON (AS/PS) 1.PRESET SCAN: Press AS/PS button briefly to enter Preset Scan mode, it will scan all the preset stations in the memories, you can hear that it will stay on each station for about 5 seconds. 2.AUTO MEMORY STORE: Press AS/PS button for couple of seconds to enter Auto Store mode, this feature will automatically scan the current band and enter up to 6 strongest stations into the 6 preset memories.
Some broadcasting stations may change their program from normal broadcasting to regional broadcasting for a certain period. When regional mode is off, the region identification in the PI code is ignored; the radio may switch to a local variant of the current program. When region mode is on, the radio will only switch to a program carrying the exact same PI code.
- PTY (Program Type Codes) This code is used to designate the current program material being broadcast. With this feature, you can search the programs that match the selected program type, which is chosen from a specific list of types. - EON (Enhanced Other Networks Information) It is a supplementary service enabling the radio to obtain information not only from the current station but also from the others.
Press this button to pause CD play, press again to release pause. Press this button, the first 10 seconds of each track will be played sequentially until this button is pressed again, then normal play will resume at the current track. Press this button, the current track will be played repeatedly until this button is pressed again.
11.MP3 OPERATIONS (ENCODER VERSION) Notes : - An MP3 directory is shown in this manual as “Directory”, and an MP3 file is shown as “Track”. - Maximum length of file name : 28 characters. - Maximum length of directory : 16 characters. - Maximum number of tracks per disc : 254.
DIRECTORY (2) SEARCH / TRACK NAME BY USING ENCODER VOLUME KNOB Under MP3 Play Mode, press MP3 MENU BUTTON twice, the display shows “ * “. Rotate the ENCODER VOLUME KNOB for selecting the character. In this Encoder Search mode, SELECT button use as move cursor.
12.REMOTE CONTROL OPERATIONS: Radio Mode 1. Power Power On/Off 2. Volume Up/Down Adjust Vol,Bas, Tre,Fad,Bal 3. ID3/DISP Display Clock 4.TA TA Function 5. Tuning Up/Down Tuning/Seek Up/Down 6. AF AF Function 7. PTY PTY Function 8. Mute Mute Select Vol, Bas, 9.
13.SPECIFICATIONS CD PLAYER System Usable disc Sampling frequency No of quantization bits Frequency Number of channels S/N Ratio Frequency Range Intermediate Frequency Usable Sensitivity Stereo Separation S/N Ratio GENERAL Power Supply Polarity Speaker impedance Power Output REMARK : Specifications subject to change without notice. Compact disc audio system Compact disc 44.1KHz...
14.TROUBLE SHOOTING Before going through the check list, check wiring connection. If any of the problems persist after check list has been made, consult your nearest service dealer. Symptom No power The car ignition is not on. The fuse is blown. Disc cannot be loaded Presence of CD disc inside or ejected...