Clearing Password Check and BIOS Recovery
This section provides users with the standard operating procedures of clearing password and
BIOS recovery for the Aspire 4253/4253G. The machine provides one Hardware Open Gap
on main board for clearing password check, and one hot key for enabling BIOS Recovery.
Clearing Password Check
The following procedure is only for clearing BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and
Steps for Clearing BIOS Password Check
If users set BIOS Password (Supervisor Password and/or User Password) for a security
reason, BIOS will ask the password during systems POST or when systems enter to BIOS
Setup menu. However, once it is necessary to bypass the password check, users need to
short the HW Gap to clear the password by the following steps:
1. Remove power from the system.
2. Remove battery.
3. Remove lower cover.
4. Disconnect the RTC battery
5. Locate the CMOS jumper.
6. Use an electric conductivity tool to short the two points of the CMOS jumper.
7. Plug in AC, keeping the CMOS jumper shorted.
8. Press Power Button until BIOS POST is finished, then remove the conductivity tool from
the CMOS jumper.
9. Restart the system. Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup menu.
10. If there is no Password request, BIOS Password is cleared.
11. If a password is requested, repeat Steps 1 through 9.
Jumper and Connector Locations