Battery Grip BG-E7
Thank you for purchasing a Canon product.
The BG-E7 is a battery grip that can hold two Battery Packs LP-E6
or six size-AAILR6
It is also equipped with a vertical-grip
to enable vertical shooting with the
same ease as horizontal
• Attaching to the Camera
1. Remove the battery from the camera (Fig
2. Detach the camera's battery compartment cover
Insert the detached cover into its storage slot to ensure that it
will not be lost
4. Remove the protective
and then insert the electrical
contacts into the battery compartment (Fig.
the attachment screw with the camera 's tripod socket,
and then turn the attach/detach knob to tighten securely to the
Be sure to attach the battery grip to the carnera before inserting
The results of the battery check
you attach the battery grip to the camera
with the batteries already inside.
• Before removing the battery grip from the camera
turn the camera's power switch to
and take out the
batteries. After removing the batteries, attach the protective
cover to the electrical contacts.
• Inserting the Battery Packs
Slide the lever as shown by the arrow and open the cover
2. Press both release levers outward in the battery compartment
and remove the battery magazine (Fig. 6).
3. Insert one or two Battery Packs LP-E6 in the orientation shown
the battery compartment cover
Close the battery compartment cover until it clicks into place.
• If only one battery pack is
it may be inserted in either the
right or left
• If two battery
k s are inserted, power iJ? supplied
simultaneously by both battery packs. Two battery packs
different charging levels can be inserted and used without any
• Remove the battery packs from the battery grip when the
camera will not be used for an extended
• Inserting Size-AAILR6 Batteries
1. Insert the batteries into the Battery Magazine BGM-E6 (Fig.
Make sure the
and- battery contacts are properly oriented as
shown in the illustration.
Turn over the battery magazine so lhat the inserted batteries
and then insert the battery magazine until
the release levers lock into place (Fig. 9).
3. Close the battery compartment cover until it clicks into place.
Fewer images can
shot when using size-ANLR6 batteries.
Also, fewer images can be shot depending on the battery brand
and storage conditions, and so usage of slze-AAILR6 batteries
is recommended only for emergencies.
• With size-AA/LR6 batteries, use six new batteries of the same
brand at temperatures above
F. The camera may not
function when used in low temperatures or when old and new
batteries are used
• Using a Household Power Outlet
To connect to a household power
use the AC Adapter Kit
ACK-E6 (sold separately). (Refer to ACK-E6 Instructions.)
1. Connect the DC coupler plug to the AC adapter.
Connect the power cord to the AC
and insert the
prongs into a power outlet.
2. Load the DC coupler into the left side of the battery
compartment (Fig. 1
and pass the cord through the cord
Do not connect or disconnect the power cord whi1e
power switch is set to
• Using the Battery Grip
• Turning the vertical-grip operation switch to <ON> (Fig. 11) makes
the battery grip buttons and dial function in the same way as those
on the camera.
turn the vertical-grip operation switch
so that you do not accidentally use the buttons or dial
on the battery
• Hand Strap E-1 (sold separately) can be used for enabling a
more secure grip.
• The battery level can be checked on the LCD panel of the camera
and in the viewfinder.
(1) One or two Battery Packs LP-E6
alkaline/LR6 batteries x 6
(3) AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6
Camera's power switch
Refer to your camera 's Instruction Manual
Working temperature range:
147.4 (W) x 114.3 (H)
76.9 (D) mm/
3.0 (D) in.
(not including the power
supply or battery magazine)
USA and Canada
The Lithium ion/polymer battery is recyclable. Please
call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on how to
Le Canada et les Etats-Unis seulement
La batterie aux ions de lithium est recyc
Pour obtenir des renseignements sur les faf):ons
de recycler cette batterie
veuillez appeler au
La bateria de ion de litio es reciclable. Llame por favor
1-800-8-BATTERY para Ia informaciOn sobre c6mo
reciclar esta bateria.