XA20/XA25 and VIXIA HF G30 Using Remote Browse...
NOTE Depending on the device, OS, browser, movie format and recording mode, you may not be able to play back or download recordings. For details, visit your local Canon Web site. Setting the Camcorder's Password For Wi-Fi functions that require a smartphone or tablet device, you will need to set the camcorder's password.
Drag your finger up and down bring [Wi-Fi] into the orange selection bar, and then touch the button. 6. Touch [Smartphone Connection]. 7. Touch the camcorder's password.
8. Enter an 8-character password and touch [OK]. NOTE After setting the camcorder's password, it will not be displayed on the screen for you to check. Please make a note of your password so that you do not forget it. To change the password, perform the procedure above again.
4. Camcorder: Drag your finger up and down bring [Wi-Fi] into the orange selection bar, and touch the button. 5. Camcorder: Touch [Playback via Browser]. The camcorders SSID (network name) will appear, and the camcorder will be ready to connect with the device.
6. iOS/Android device: Activate Wi-Fi in the settings screen. The network names of detected access points will appear.
7. iOS/Android device: Touch the access point with the same SSID displayed in step 5. 8. iOS/Android device: Enter the camcorder's password set previously. [Connected] will appear on the camcorders screen and the connection will be established. NOTE If you have performed this procedure before and you have not changed the camcorder's password, the connection will be established automatically.
9. iOS/Android device: Start the Web browser, then enter the URL that appears on the camcorders screen into the Web browsers address bar. NOTE As long as you do not change the port settings, the URL is always the same so you may find it convenient to bookmark the URL.
11. iOS/Android device: Open the desired index screen. 12. iOS/Android device: Select the recording from the list.
13. iOS/Android device: Touch the desired recording. For movies, touch the playback icon to start playback. For photos, the photo will be displayed. NOTE Touch to save the recording on the Android device. (The icon above will not appear on an iOS device. To save recordings using an iOS device, use the Movie Uploader app.) ...
REFERENCE The following types of MP4 scenes will be recognized as multiple files on other devices. - Scenes exceeding 4 GB - Scenes recorded at 35 Mbps exceeding 30 minutes - Scenes recorded with a recording mode other than 35 Mbps exceeding 1 hour ...