SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
MISUSE or failure to follow the safety rules stated in this
instruction manual may cause serious personal injury.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR
CHARGER & BATTERY CARTRIDGE
1. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - This man-
ual contains important safety and operat-
ing instructions for battery charger.
2. Before using battery charger, read all
instructions and cautionary markings on
(1) battery charger, (2) battery, and (3)
product using battery.
3. CAUTION - To reduce risk of injury, charge
marked on the charger label. Other types
of batteries may burst causing personal
injury and damage.
4. Do not expose charger to rain or snow.
5. Use of an attachment not recommended
or sold by the battery charger manufac-
turer may result in a risk of fire, electric
shock, or injury to persons.
Table 1: RECOMMENDED MINIMUM AWG SIZE FOR EXTENSION CORDS FOR BATTERY CHARGERS
Length of Cord (Feet)
AWG Size of Cord
9. Do not operate charger with damaged
cord or plug - replace them immediately.
10. Do not operate charger if it has received a
sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way; take it to a qualified
6. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug
and cord, pull by plug rather than cord
when disconnecting charger.
7. Make sure cord is located so that it will
not be stepped on, tripped over, or other-
wise subjected to damage or stress.
8. An extension cord should not be used
unless absolutely necessary. Use of
improper extension cord could result in a
risk of fire and electric shock. If extension
cord must be used, make sure:
a. That pins on plug of extension cord
are the same number, size, and shape
as those of plug on charger;
b. That extension cord is properly wired
and in good electrical condition;
c. That wire size is at least as large as
the one specified in the table below.
11. Do not disassemble charger or battery
cartridge; take it to a qualified serviceman
when service or repair is required, Incor-
rect reassembly may result in a risk of
electric shock or fire.