Motorola hmez2000 home monitoring: users guide (145 pages)
Summary of Contents for Motorola SCOUT83
USER’S GUIDE ® Wi-Fi Pet Video Camera Model: SCOUT83 The features described in this user’s guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
/iPad Please keep your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of your Camera PAIR Photo Sensor (Night Vision Mode) ON/OFF Switch Camera Lens Power Adapter Socket Infrared LEDs Antenna Power LED Temperature Sensor Microphone Pair Key Speaker ® Important guidelines for installing your Wi-Fi Camera Unit ® • Use of other 2.4 GHz products, such as other wireless networks, Bluetooth systems or microwave ovens may cause interference with this product.
3. Getting Started - Connecting Devices ............. 8 Setup......................8 User Account and Camera Setup on Android™ Devices......9 3.2.1 Power ON and connect the SCOUT83 camera ......9 3.2.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App application ..9 3.2.3 Run Hubble for Motorola Monitors App on your Android™...
1. Safety Instructions WARNING: STRANGULATION HAZARD - In case this unit is being used to monitor infants or children, keep the unit and adapter cord more than 1 metre from the cot and out of their reach. Never place camera or cords within a cot or near a bed.
WARNING ® This Wi-Fi Camera Unit is compliant with all relevant electromagnetic field standards and is, when handled as described in the User's Guide, safe to use. Therefore, always read the instructions in this User's Guide carefully before using the device. •...
2. System Requirements Web Portal ® • Windows systems, 7 or 8 (Java browser plug-in needed) ® • Mac OS version 10.7 or above ® • Internet Explorer version 8.0 or above ® • Firefox version 11.0 or above • Chrome™ version 18.0 or above ®...
3. Getting Started - Connecting Devices How does it work? Access your SCOUT83 Camera View your Camera from any Camera locally compatible device remotely When a user tries to access the Camera, our secure server authenticates the user's identity to permit access to the Camera.
3.2.1 Power ON and connect the SCOUT83 camera • Connect the SCOUT83 adapter to a suitable mains power socket, insert the power adapter plug into the power adapter socket of the SCOUT83 camera. • Make sure that the ON/OFF button is in the ON position.
• Ensure your Android™ device is connected to your Wi-Fi router. • Run the Hubble for Motorola Monitors application and key in your Hubble for Motorola Monitors account information, read through the Terms of Service then select “I agree to the Terms of Service” and tap on Create. (Picture A1) Note: If you have a Hubble for Motorola Monitors account, please select Already have a Account? to go to the next step.
3.2.4 Add SCOUT83 Camera to your account • Your new account is created and you are automatically logged in. • Tap on Add Camera. (Picture A2) • Tap on Continue. (Picture A3) • Follow the on-screen setup instructions. (Picture A4)
• Press and hold the PAIR button for 3 seconds at the bottom of the SCOUT83 camera, you will hear a Beep tone and voice “Ready for pairing“ from the Camera unit, then tap on Search for Camera. • The App auto searches and connects to your Camera as in the pictures below (A5 &...
® • Select Wi-Fi Network and tap Continue, enter the password for the selected network then tap on OK. (Picture A7, A8) ® • Connecting the Camera to a Wi-Fi network takes a few the minutes and will show the connection status as displayed below. (Picture A9, A10) If the connection fails, please tap on the Retry button and repeat the steps in section 3.2.4.
• Tap on the camera you wish to view from the camera tab to view the Camera’s video stream, the Camera’s green LED will start flashing. (Picture A11) • Tap on the Hubble logo to go back to the Camera tab for a list of available cameras.
When you hear two beeps, this means the Camera is ready for setup. 3.3.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App • Go to the App Store to search for the “Hubble for Motorola Monitors” app. ® • Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App and install it on your iPhone ®...
Wi-Fi Router. • Run the Hubble for Motorola Monitors application and key in your Hubble for Motorola Monitors account information, read through the Terms of Service then select “I agree to the Terms of Service” and tap on Create. (Picture i1) Note: If you have a Hubble for Motorola Monitors account, please select Already have a Account? to go to the next step.
Add SCOUT83 Camera to your account • Your new account is created and you are automatically logged in. • Tap on Add Camera. (Picture i2) • Tap on “ SCOUT83”. (Picture i3) FOCUS85 SCOUT83 • Follow the on-screen instructions to turn on the Bluetooth™ function on your iPhone/iPad.
• Tap on the Home button, then enter the “Settings” menu to turn on the Bluetooth™ function on your iPhone/iPad. • Press the HOME button to exit the Settings menu and tap on the “Hubble for Motorola Monitors” app to enter the start-up screen. Getting Started - Connecting Devices...
• Follow the above steps to find your current Camera ID “CameraHD- ® ® xxxxxxxxxx” , then tap on Continue. Ensure your iPhone or iPad connected to the camera. (Picture i8) ® • Select Wi-Fi Network and tap Continue, enter the password for the selected network and tap Join.
® • Connecting the Camera to a Wi-Fi network takes a few minutes will show the connection status as displayed below (Pictures i11, i12). If the connection fails, please tap on the Retry button and repeat the steps in 3.3.4. •...
ON/OFF switch to OFF.) Camera Functions: Working with Android™ devices • Run the Hubble for Motorola Monitors application on your Android™ device. • The Camera view appears on the screen. 4.2.1 Add more cameras •...
• Once a Camera has been added, the Camera view will be automatically displayed. Note : You can only have up to 4 cameras connected to one account. Camera...
4.2.2 Remove a Camera You can remove a Camera from your account by following these steps: • Tap the Settings icon on the Camera tab page, then tap on Remove Camera. (Picture A15) • Select Remove to delete the unit from the camera list. (Picture A16) 4.2.3 Change your Account Information You can change your account information using your Android™...
• Enable Disconnect Alert : When disconnected, the Camera will give a "beep" alert. Enable the Disconnect Alert by selecting Yes. • Tap on Send Log to send your Hubble for Motorola Monitors Android App report to our server via e-mail; this should be sent if requested by a customer service agent.
4.2.4 Camera Settings You can change the Camera Settings by tapping the Settings icon on the Camera tab page. (Picture A18) • Tap on Camera Details to review Camera Name, Change Image & show the Firmware version. (Picture A19) • Tap on Notification Sensitivity to set the sensitivity of sound & motion detection, and set Alert of High/Low temperature.
4.2.5 General Settings • Tap on the Settings tab. • Tap on General Settings to change the format of the Clock (12hr/24hr) & Temperature (°C / °F). (Picture A21) • Tap on Do Not Disturb to set the desired time duration and select ON, the Camera will not send any sound or alert notifications to your Android™...
4.2.6 Features of the Hubble for Motorola Monitors Application While in Camera View, tap the viewing area, Function Icons will appear as follows: Two Way Talk – Tap on the Microphone icon to activate the talkback function on the Camera, press the circle button once to speak. Press again to switch back to just listening to the Camera.
Pan and Tilt Function: Tap the 4 Way Arrow icon to activate the pan/tilt function. Press the up/down arrows to tilt the camera up and down, press the left/right arrows to pan the camera left and right. (Pictures A25, A26) Camera...
Photo/Video - Take a photo or record a video from your Camera. Tap the on-screen Video icon to activate the photo/video function. Select the video record function by selecting the small video icon to the right of the large blue button, press the large blue button to start recording. The button will turn red, press again to stop recording.
Android™, they can be accessed from the Gallery or a Media Player. To play videos, please use the "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" application or a 3rd party application, such as MX player (i.e. Google Play™ Store), which is able to play MJPG (Motionjpeg).
® Working with iPhone /iPad ® ® • Run the Hubble for Motorola Monitors application on your iPhone /iPad • The Camera view appears on the screen. 4.3.1 Add more cameras • Whilst in Camera view, tap on Hubble logo to go to the Camera tab page.
4.3.2 Remove a Camera You can remove a camera from your account by following these steps: • Tap the Settings icon on the Camera tab page, then tap on Remove Camera. (Picture i17) • Select Remove to delete the unit from camera list. (Picture i18) Camera...
To obtain more information, please visit our website www.hubbleconnected.com/motorola/plans. • Tap on Send Log to send your Hubble for Motorola Monitors App report to our server via e-mail; this should be sent if requested by a customer service agent.
4.3.4 Camera Settings You can change the Camera settings to tap the Settings icon on the Camera tab page (Picture i20), to review Camera Name, Change Image & show the Firmware Version (Picture i21). • Tap on Notification Sensitivity to set the sensitivity of sound & motion detection, and set Alert of High/Low temperature.
4.3.5 General Settings • Tap on the Settings tab. (Picture i23) • Tap on General Settings to change the format of the Clock (12hr/24hr) & Temperature (°C / °F). (Picture i24) • Tap on Do Not Disturb to set the desired time duration and select ON, the ®...
® ® • Select Settings on your iPhone /iPad , and the application list will appear, tap on Hubble for Motorola Monitors App , the settings for Hubble for Motorola Monitors will be shown on the screen. (Picture i26) Camera...
4.3.7 Features of the Hubble for Motorola Monitors Application While in Camera view, tap the viewing area, Function Icons will appear as follows: Two Way Talk – Tap on the microphone icon to activate the talkback function on the Camera, press the circle button once to speak. Press again to switch back to just listening to the Camera.
Pan and Tilt Function: Tap the 4 Way Arrow icon to activate the pan/tilt function. Press the up/down arrows to tilt the camera up and down, press the left/right arrows to pan the camera left and right. (Pictures i29, i30) Camera...
Photo Function - Tap the on-screen Camera icon to activate the photo capture function. Press the large blue Camera button to take a photograph. (Picture i31) Note: ® ® Photos will be stored in the internal flash memory of your iPhone /iPad Camera...
Melody – To play one of the 5 pre-set melodies, tap on Melody to show the available Melodies and select the one you wish to play on your Camera, tap again to stop the melody. (Picture i32) Temperature – The temperature reading from the temperature sensor on ®...
Camera Functions: Working with your PC/Notebook • Go to URL: http://www.hubbleconnected.com/motorola/login/ • Enter your User Name and Password and then click Login if you have already created an account. • Click on the Camera paired to your account via Android™ device or ®...
5. Procedure for Resetting the Camera Note: If your Camera is moved from one router (e.g. home) to another (e.g. office) or if you have Camera setup issues, then the Camera must be reset. Please reset the Camera with the following procedure: 1.
6. Help Noise interference To avoid background noise or echoes, ensure that there is enough distance ® between your device and the Wi-Fi Camera Unit. ® Use of other 2.4 GHz products, such as Bluetooth systems or microwave ® ovens, may cause interference with this product. Keep the Wi-Fi Camera Unit at least 1.5m away from these types of products, or turn them off if they appear to be causing interference.
What do I do if I forget Click on the "Forgot Password" link on my password? the website http:// www.hubbleconnected.com/ motorola/login/ OR your Android™ or iOS application. An email will be sent to your registered email address. Account I am unable to receive a 1.
Features The sound alert setting You can Adjust Sound Sensitivity to threshold is not right. trigger notifications under the Camera Settings menu. ® Connectivity My phone application 1. Check the Wi-Fi network strength. Issues displays the following 2. Check if you are connected to message: "Unable to the internet by starting the connect to BMS...
General What is the A flashing LED indicates the following significance of LED status: flashing? Slow flashing: 1. Your Camera is in setup mode. You can add the Camera to your account in this mode. Out of the box, the Camera is in setup mode. To reset to Setup mode, press and hold the PAIR button on the bottom of the Camera untill you hear a beep.
Connectivity Even though I am Please check your wireless router Issues accessing my Camera settings. For example, for Buffalo ® from the same Wi-Fi branded routers there is an option network, I still find my called Wireless Isolation. Please Camera is shown as disable this option.
APP for Android™ and - Open the Google Play APP on your iOS devices? Android™ device - Select Search - Type "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" - The results will have Hubble for Motorola Monitors by Binatone - Select to install it...
Features How many users can If you are accessing in local mode, two access the Camera at users are supported. For more than one time? two users all streaming will go through remote server. This allows for unlimited user access to a single Camera at one time.
+44 (0) 8187 62092 (ROI) Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
Declare under our sole responsibility that the following products Type of equipment: Wi-Fi Video Camera Model Name: BLINK83-B, BLINK83-S, BLINK83-W, FOCUS83-B FOCUS83-S, FOCUS83-W, SCOUT83, MBP36HDBU Country of Origin: China Brand: Motorola complies with the essential protection requirements of R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC on the...
8. Technical Specifications Camera Unit ® Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Image sensor Colour CMOS 1M Pixels Lens f = 2.3 mm, F = 2.4 IR LED 7 pcs Power Adapter: By Ten Pao International Ltd. Input 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 300 mA Output 5 V DC, 1500 mA Technical Specifications...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. Mac, Mac OS, iPhone, iPad and Safari are the trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.