Using eDisplay on a Mobile Device ..............9 Displaying Media over DLNA ................10 Using Miracast ....................11 Acer MWA2 Miracast™ compatible devices (July, 24 2013) ....12 Using the Acer MWA Remote App ..............13 Setup ......................15 About ......................15 Network Settings ..................
Product Features 1. MHL connector • Connect to MHL port on compatible TV, monitor or projector. 2. Status LED 3. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button • Press briefly to switch between display modes. • Press and hold to return to Home Screen. • Press briefly during Miracast setup to complete connection.
Home Screen The Home Screen appears automatically once the projector/monitor/TV is switched on and correctly connected to the MWA2 Wireless Adapter. Four icons are shown, as described below: • eDisplay - Takes you to the eDisplay screen and provides details on how to connect your computer or mobile device using this method.
• Using your mobile device as a remote control - By downloading and installing the Acer MWA Remote app, you can use your mobile device as a remote control to control the MWA2 Wireless Adapter. For more information, see “Using the Acer MWA Remote App” on page 13.
Wireless Adapter. 2. Open Wi-Fi on your computer. 3. Connect it to the MWA2 (Acer_MWA2_XXXX). 4. Open your Internet Browser and key in the WiFi IP as shown on your projector/monitor/TV. 5. Download the driver for your Mac or Windows PC.
XXXX. By default, no password is required. 3. Open the Acer eDisplay app on your mobile device. 4. Select the MWA2 device on the list that appears in order to connect to the MWA2 Wireless Adapter. 5. On the projector/monitor/TV, go to the eDisplay screen by using that device’s remote control, or by briefly pressing the WPS button on the MWA2...
4. Open the DLNA-supporting Software on your computer or other device. 5. Ensure both media source device and the dongle are connected to the same AP or physical network. 6. Ensure that the renderer is set as the MWA2 (Acer_MWA2_XXXX). 7. Start playing media on your computer or other device.
2. Choose Display. 3. Select Wireless Display. 4. Switch Wireless Display ON. 5. If you do not already see Acer_MWA2_XXXX on the list of Wireless displays, tap SEARCH FOR DISPLAYS. 6. Tap Acer_MWA2_XXXX to connect to the MWA2 Wireless Adapter.
7. If asked to do so, press the WPS button on the MWA2 Wireless Adapter, or input the PIN code shown on the screen (see below) into your mobile device. 8. After several seconds, the projector/monitor/TV will start displaying what is shown on the screen of your mobile device.
Using the Acer MWA Remote App As an alternative to using the remote control of your projector/monitor/TV, you can control the MWA2 Wireless Adapter directly from your mobile device using the Acer MWA Remote app, as follows: 1. Download and install the Acer MWA Remote app (shown above) from...
3. Choose the MWA2 Wireless Adapter from the list which appears. The following screen is then displayed: 4. Use the left, right, up, down, or select (center) keys to control the MWA2 Wireless Adapter. the Esc key acts as a back button.
Navigating the Network Setting Screen Use your control’s left, right, up, down and select keys to navigate the Network Settings screen as follows: • Use the left/right keys to choose between the AP Setting window (left) and the AP List (Client Mode) window (right). The currently-selected window will be highlighted with a yellow surround.
Choosing between Modes You can select between AP Mode or Client Mode. • AP Mode makes the MWA2 Wireless Adapter an Access Point that your mobile device can connect to directly. • Client Mode requires that the MWA2 Wireless Adapter connect to another Access Point (which your mobile device should also connect to in order to communicate with the MWA2 Wireless Adapter).
• Security - Switch security ON or OFF. If ON, then a password will be required by any devices trying to connect to the MWA2 Wireless Adapter. • PSK (Pre-Shared Key) - If security is switched ON, this is the password you will be asked to input on your mobile device in order to connect to the MWA2 Wireless Adapter.
Client Mode In Client Mode, you will see a list of available APs that you can connect your MWA2 Wireless Adapter to, as follows: 1. Ensure Client Mode is set to ON. 2. Select an AP from the list shown. (If you do not see the AP you are looking for, try selecting Refresh.
Upgrading the Firmware Before starting the firmware upgrade process, you must make sure that the MWA Wireless Adapter is connected in Client Mode to an access point with Internet access. For more information on connecting in Client Mode, see “About” on page 15. To upgrade the firmware, follow these steps: 1.
3. Wait as the firmware update is downloaded and installed (during this time you will see a progress screen for downloading and then another for installing). Please be patient as the process may take some time. Caution: Do not turn off the device or unplug the MWA Wireless Adapter at any time during the firmware upgrade.
Regulatory Information Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
Industry Canada statement: This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Industrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence.
de radars de haute puissance sont désignés utilisateurs principaux (c.-à-d., qu’ils ont la priorité) pour les bandes 5 250-5 350 MHz et 5 650-5 850 MHz et que ces radars pourraient causer du brouillage et/ou des dommages aux dispositifs LAN-EL. Radiation Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with IC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
Please, turn your attention
By pressing 'print' button you will print only current page. To print the manual completely, please, download it.