INSTRUCTION MANUAL Slide Compound Saw LS1013 LS1013F LS1013L LS1013FL 001529 DOUBLE INSULATION WARNING: For your personal safety, READ and UNDERSTAND before using. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
LS1013L/LS1013FL …….715 mm x 520 mm x 640 mm Net weight LS1013: 22.4 kg, LS1013F: 22.6 kg, LS1013L: 23.2 kg, LS1013FL: 23.4 kg Safety class • Due to our continuing programme of research and development, the specifications herein are subject to change without notice.
Corporation responsible surfaces (e.g. pipes, radiators, ranges, manufacturer declare that the following Makita refrigerators). machine(s): Keep children away. Designation of Machine: Do not let visitors touch the tool or extension cord. Slide Compound Saw All visitors should be kept away from work area.
ENB034-3 operate the tool. 13. Do not overreach. ADDITIONAL SAFETY RULES Keep proper footing and balance at all times. FOR TOOL 14. Maintain tools with care. Keep cutting tools sharp and clean for better and Wear eye protection. safer performance. Follow instructions Keep hands out of path of saw blade.
21. Before using the tool on an actual workpiece, let it run for a while. Watch for vibration or wobbling INSTALLATION that could indicate poor installation or a poorly Bench mounting balanced blade. 22. Wait until the blade attains full speed before When the tool is shipped, the handle is locked in the cutting.
UV light exposure, contact a only to the extent that the kerf boards can still be easily Makita service center for a new guard. DO NOT moved by hand. Lower the handle fully and push in the DEFEAT OR REMOVE GUARD.
at the desired position when lowering the handle fully. 1. Adjusting bolt 2. Turn base Adjusting the miter angle 1. Lock lever 2. Grip 3. Pointer 4. Miter scale 001539 1. Top surface of 001541 turn base 2. Periphery of Loosen the grip by turning counterclockwise.
NEVER use the tool if it runs when you simply pull the switch trigger without pressing the Switch action lock-off button. Return tool to a Makita service center for proper repairs BEFORE further usage. CAUTION: NEVER tape down or defeat purpose and function •...
Aligning the laser line NOTE: Use a dry cloth to wipe the dirt off the lens of lamp. • Be careful not to scratch the lens of light, or it may lower the illumination. Laser beam action For model LS1013L,LS1013FL only 1.
• 3. Saw blade unplugged before installing or removing the blade. 4. Arrow Use only the Makita socket wrench provided to • install or remove the blade. Failure to do so may result in overtightening or insufficient tightening of the hex bolt. This could cause an injury.
NOTE: 1. Center cover 2. Hex bolt If you connect a Makita vacuum cleaner to this tool, • 3. Socket wrench more efficient and cleaner operations can be 4. Blade guard performed. CAUTION: Empty the dust box before collected sawdust level •...
1. Support The sub-fence R can be installed on the right side of the 2. Turn base guide fence. Insert the rods of the sub-fence R into the holes in the guide fence. Tighten the screws which come with the sub-fence R to secure the sub-fence R. CAUTION: When performing right bevel cuts, never use the •...
CAUTION: The horizontal vise can be installed in two positions on Always support long workpieces level with the top • either the left or right side of the base. When performing surface of the turn base for accurate cuts and to 15°...
force as is necessary for smooth cutting and Loosen the knob counterclockwise so that the without significant decrease in blade speed. carriage can slide freely. Secure the workpiece Gently press down the handle to perform the cut. If with the vise. Pull the carriage toward you fully. •...
with the blade and PUSH THE CARRIAGE Cutting aluminum extrusion TOWARD THE GUIDE FENCE TO CUT THE 1. Guide fence WORKPIECE. When the cut is completed, switch 2. Vise off the tool and WAIT UNTIL THE BLADE HAS 3. Spacer block COME TO A COMPLETE STOP before returning 4.
figure. Then remove the workpiece material WARNING: between the grooves with a chisel. Do not attempt Always be sure that the blade is sharp and clean • to perform this type of cut using wide (thick) blades for the best and safest performance. or with a dado blade.
1. Screw 1. Triangular rule 2. Saw blade 2. Miter scale 3. Pointer 3. Top surface of turn base 001568 001571 Bevel angle Make sure that the two pointers on the arm 0° bevel angle point to each 0° on the bevel scale on the arm holder.
Adjusting for smooth beveling action When adjusting the laser line appears on the left side of the saw blade 1. Arm 2. Hex lock nut 004860 1. Screw to change the movable range of the adjusting screw The hex lock nut holding together the arm and arm 2.
5. Fluorescent Check the position of laser line regularly for • tube accuracy . Have the tool repaired by Makita authorized • service center for any failure on the laser unit. Cleaning of the lens for the laser light 002028...
Only use accessory or attachment for its stated purpose. If you need any assistance for more details regarding these accessories, ask your local Makita Service Center. Steel & Carbide-tipped saw blades • Sub-fence R • Vise assembly (Horizontal vise) •...
Makita Corporation Anjo, Aichi, Japan 884098H229...